IB & option contracts commissions

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by billb2112, Nov 9, 2002.

1. qdz

qdz

why don't you answer my previous questions. Are you taking it too personal?
    Come on, enlighten us.

#41     Nov 14, 2002
  2. def

def Sponsor

given your irresponsible and false comments, you must be joking.

#42     Nov 14, 2002
  3. qdz

qdz

Do you want to show how irresponsible I am or IB is? We can go to a judge. Let everyone say which fact (about IB) I gave was false?

#43     Nov 14, 2002
  4. You two should both stop fighting. It's childish on the part of both of you.

However, qdz has no professional standing. If he makes false or irresponsible or uninformed statements, or acts childish or petty, so what. He doesn't represent anyone but himself.

Def you are on here as a self-claimed representative of IB. If you act petty and childish in response to qdz or anyone else it reflects on the company you represent. If you let qdz irk you into stooping to a lower level of reply, you do a disservice to the firm whose reputation you are trying to defend. If you respond spitefully toward qdz, as a representative of IB, that does far more damage to IB's reputation than any off-the-cuff remarks made by him can possibly do.

We all know that IB has a billion debt-free dollars. Now let's move on, ok. Enough of this Tom & Jerry show already.

#44     Nov 14, 2002
  5. maxtrax

maxtrax

I'm not familiar with IB....do they change their prices often, or has it always been this way?

Thanks

MAX

#45     Nov 15, 2002
  6. def

def Sponsor

i thought I was using restraint. thanks for the lecture.

options commissions have gone down (the last cut was to $1) if you route via SMART. However, the exchanges have had cancel/modify fees in place for some time and i guess things reached a point where the added cost had to be passed on. should other costs be imposed by the exchanges, I would gather they'll have to be passed on as well. other commissions (stocks/futures) have remained stable or trended down over the years.

#46     Nov 15, 2002
  7. Most of the time prices are going down:
    1998 9.95$ rt E-Minis
    2002 4.80$ rt E-Minis

Mini-DOW currently 2.52$ rt because of temporary "CBOT Q4/2002 Fee Waiver".

#47     Nov 15, 2002