IB offering gateway access (API without TWS)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by SideShowBob, Mar 11, 2010.

1. #21     Apr 10, 2010
  2. So the main benefit is less local computer resources used? System resources are not an issue with the cost of computing power. Does the gateway still go through the midnight reset? If so, I'm not seeing much reason to use this gateway. To me it seems it is just a blind TWS without the window. Do you still get pacing violations when pulling down too much data?

#22     Apr 10, 2010
  3. gkishot

gkishot

I see the reason because any API client should go directly to the back-end server and should not connect to another client ( which is what TWS actually is ) in the first place.

#23     Apr 10, 2010
  4. It is worth testing out. If it can reduce any time in submitting orders that is good but I don't think it is going to be much different. I'm very curious if the gateway still undergoes the infamous (and ridiculous) midnight reset. When you are trading both US/Asia this midnight reset is a big problem sometimes.

#24     Apr 10, 2010
  5. byteme

byteme

Have you tried?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xvfb

#25     Apr 11, 2010
  6. #26     Apr 11, 2010
  7. last here if needed to change port. once the gateway is opened, select the configure tab.
    that will open the ib - api window and then the port can be adjusted.

[​IMG]

#27     Apr 11, 2010
  8. mintegral

mintegral

#28     Apr 14, 2010
  9. moarla

moarla

i connect with zeroline trader, works great. Important is to look at the port which is the "entry" for the software.
    Cool

#29     Apr 14, 2010
  10. cstfx

cstfx

If using the gateway, are you still restricted on the unbundled pricing for direct-routed orders (like the API restrictions) or do you have that freedom to direct using the FIX-CTCI?

[​IMG]

#30     Apr 15, 2010