IB NYBOT Data Fees

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Ridu, Feb 3, 2012.

1. DAV -

Will the current subscriptions lapse at end of month? I don't want to be charged $75 for March when I continue to get ICE data for free through other brokers.

In every instance a material change in data costs has occurred in the past, IB lapsed the old subscription and required users to re-subscribe at the new rate to eliminate confusion. I have to imagine there are hundreds who haven't read this thread and there still hasn't been any official email contradicting the prices quoted in early January.

PS - Is there any negotiation taking place with ICE to address this going forward, and why are IB's customers being penalized vs. those with direct access to webICE who qualify for a trade or pay rate?

Thanks

#41     Feb 27, 2012
  2. Gonz

Gonz

So the "The 75 USD fee is reduced to 1 USD should you execute a minimum one lot trade during calendar month of subscription." is a mistake and no longer apply?

#42     Mar 20, 2012
  3. mni4tw

mni4tw

im really confused now, should i cancel my ice subscription?

i never recieved any new information since they cancelled the old subscription and i than subscribed to the new one with the discount.

because i will first know in april if they discount my march fee (they did in jaunuar and februar) it will be already in the next month and further 75$.

of course changing from discounting to no discount 75$ without notice and automatical cancellation like in december/januar would be total unserious.

#43     Mar 28, 2012
  4. Daal

Daal

Just do a quick trade during liquid hours and the cost goes to $1. Total cost should be a bit above $10 a month

#44     Mar 28, 2012
  5. JackR

JackR

Daal:

I don't think so. I think the $75 is real. Look at DAV's post, five posts back in this thread. What IB may have done is quietly honored the $75/$1 notice they made. But only for January and February. The data feed pge is pretty clear about the $75.

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=marketData

Jack

#45     Mar 28, 2012
  6. Daal

Daal

I spoke in the IB chat today and they initially lied and said the rebate was still on, I asked for more confirmation and they said it was gone. IB better do something about this because they fucked it up

#46     Mar 29, 2012
  7. Daal

Daal

JackR,

I had TF data for all of March, I did 1 trade. I was not charged anything so far. not even the $1. I'm not sure why

#47     Apr 10, 2012
  8. JackR

JackR

Daal:

I have two brokers, IB and a back-up futures-only broker. I discontinued my IB NYBOT/ICE subscription at the end of December as I don't trade the TF that much. My other broker currently provides all data as part of their commission\platform structure. So I monitor the TF from their feed. At this time there are no data fees. However, they just started adding a notice to their statement that says:

Reminder - Please note that all exchanges reserve the right to charge clients receiving market data. While we cannot predict when each exchange will commence such fees, ICE-Europe and ICE-US each charge $75.00 per month for clients receiving market data who do not trade their products. All fees incurred will be passed on to the client.

There is no quantity in the notice, unlike IB's original notice. I've started making a point to trade 1 TF contract for 1 tick per week. I guess I could call and find out if there is any specific value assigned by ICE or it is more or less broker determined. My other IB subscription fees were charged on April 5th. If you saw no ICE fee perhaps IB has had another unpublicized policy change.

Jack

#48     Apr 10, 2012
  9. Daal

Daal

Seems like so, though I'm not confident they will advertise that in order to discourage people from using the account just to get the fees on the cheap

#49     Apr 10, 2012
  10. It looks as if it is ICE that is playing the games - threatening to charge the fee and then not necessarily following through.

IB and the other brokers are left to guess at what ICE's real intentions are and whether and when ICE will actually start charging the fees it keeps threatening to charge and which users it will charge them to.

I think ICE has been playing these games on and off for years.

#50     Apr 10, 2012