IB NYBOT Data Fees

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Ridu, Feb 3, 2012.

1. My guess is that what we are really seeing here is hardball negotiating tactics by IB directed at ICE.

Probably they are trying to generate enough ICE subscription cancellations (by quoting a high price publicly to users) that ICE will come around and give them a better deal.

This area, data subscriptions, seems to be an extremely strange one, with some brokers such as Tradestation charging $75 a month for each exchange accessed, including separate levies for each of CME, CBT, NYMEX etc even despite common ownership, while some other brokers, probably best not named, are charging nothing for any subscriptions.

Probably all sorts of brinkmanship and gaming is going on behind the scenes with respect to these quote fee issues, among multiple parties, with some brokers systematically underpaying the fees by using innovative methods of counting users etc. and defying the exchanges to audit them and cut them off.

So probably IB cannot really explain what is going on publicly without hurting its bargaining power.

I would suggest waiting a while to give this time to play out, at least until someone is actually charged more than they expected.

#31     Feb 11, 2012
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

I just now printed out my IB 02/10/12 daily statement and I was charged $1.00 for the ICE/NYBOT data for January 2012. I removed my ICE/NYBOT data subscription on 02/06/12 and will now wait and see if IB can achieve a positive solution on the fee waiver before I again add the ICE/NYBOT data.

#32     Feb 11, 2012
  3. You guys are all a bunch of wimps and are clearly in the wrong game.

Can't you start online poker or something ? I think you can poker online and have fun for $100.

#33     Feb 11, 2012
  4. kashirin

kashirin

go talk to oldtime what we should do in a separate topic

#34     Feb 11, 2012
  5. slumdog

slumdog

Me too just $1 for Jan 2012 (0.63 GBP)

02/10/2012 Intercontinental And New York Board of For Jan 2012 -0.63

#35     Feb 12, 2012
  6. Deas418

Deas418

EXCHANGE:
    ICE Futures U.S. (NYBOT) 75 USD

COUNTRIES:
    United States

PRICE:
    Free

I have this under my market data page.

PRICE free???

#36     Feb 13, 2012
  7. kashirin

kashirin

I talked to customer support
    they said it's an error
    the price is $75

#37     Feb 14, 2012
  8. Catoosa

Catoosa

I again signed up for the ICE/NYBOT USA data based on the price listed as "free". Gees, what is going on with IB??? IB is taking something that should be simple and straight forward and turning it into a nightmare. I will again remove the data subscription and give IB more time to sort their arduous problem out.

#38     Feb 14, 2012
  9. Catoosa

Catoosa

Today IB changed the ICE/NYBOT "Market-Data-Subscriptions" in client accounts from free to show a price of $75.00.

#39     Feb 15, 2012
  10. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

The ICE Futures U.S. (NYBOT) market data subscription is $75. We apologize for any confusion.

#40     Feb 17, 2012