IB NYBOT Data Fees

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Ridu, Feb 3, 2012.

1. they should reimburse you

#21     Feb 9, 2012
  2. seriously, you shold be able to talk to a real live human being and explain that the charges were raised and you were not properly notified of the change and you deserve a reimbursement.

I wasn't really talking about your particular case, but my comments were directed more to the little guy who mave have an interest in products that are traded exclusively on ICE.

$75 is a high price to pay just to watch.

If you check the IB subscription page there are almost a hundred exchanges you can subscribe to. I don't know what any of them are. But I'm not going to trade anything I can't watch for a while.

If it's free or reasonable I will watch it. And If I see something I like I might trade it.

But like I said, NYBOT is for the big boys. Let them hash it out amoungst themselves. But at some point they are going to have to ask, "Where is all the easy money? Whatever happened to the podunk retail punter?"

One can only imagine what NYSE was like before mutual funds, when the whole thing was driven 100 shares at a time.

#22     Feb 9, 2012
  3. email ibmgmt @ interactivebrokers.com giving ticket number asking for a rebate.

#23     Feb 9, 2012
  4. Here's what's strange - there are still a number of free retail platforms out there offering ICE data as part of their package. No way those FCM's are paying $150/user each month! And not a single one would even think about retroactively charging for the data, it's embarrassing.

Why is IB being singled out?

https://www.theice.com/publicdocs/futures_us/exchange_notices/ExNot112111DataFee.pdf

This all seems like semantics, but any IB client trading ICE is a "FIX user" through TWS as a proxy. If you trade, you should be entitled to the $1 rate.

#24     Feb 9, 2012
  5. kashirin

kashirin

did you try to write directly to ICE?
    it would be interesting what they say

#25     Feb 9, 2012
  6. why waste your time writing? Just go and knock on their front door and talk to them face to face. That's what I do any time I need to talk to CME or ICE or Obama or the Queen on England.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm on my way to Maddona's house, I need to ask her a question about her Superbowl performance.

#26     Feb 9, 2012
  7. Well I don't want to press the issue since I'll need those other platforms to get data in the meantime without paying out of my ass.

Let's see what IB is going to do first. In their defense, so far nobody has been charged anything - hopefully they can use their clout to negotiate something favorable for us little guys.

#27     Feb 9, 2012
  8. kashirin

kashirin

man why are you here in the first place?
    you posted more than everyone else combined in this topic still not a single bright thought from you
    please, stop posting garbage and let smart people discuss the issue
    noone is interested in your opinion here

ICE is a company which exists for its users and not Gods
    their web site has support emails everywhere and you can write them about any issue and get fast response

#28     Feb 9, 2012
  9. ok

#29     Feb 9, 2012
  10. Ridu

Ridu

Exactly! Why when ICE website clearly stipulates rebate for traders who trade > 1 trade / mth on NYBOT, should we be ordered to pay $75/ mth irrespective of trade activity with IB?

Please IB / ICE, provide a reasonable response.

#30     Feb 10, 2012