IB NQ Quote

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by StockApprentice, Apr 3, 2006.

1. I know it's early... and I'm tired but is anyone else seeing the emini Nasdaq 100 quotes on a fluctuation of .25 instead of .50?

(I'm using Interactive Brokers)

I've been looking at the CME's website... the contract specifications still seem to a minimum .50 fluctuation/tick.

http://www.cme.com/trading/prd/contract_spec_NQ705.html

Did I miss something?

2. :confused:

2nd line is the NQ feed

3. def

def Sponsor

you are quite astute - you are not going crazy. The tick size has changed to 25 cents.

http://www.cme.com/trading/prd/equity/equityupdate.html

Tick Size Changes for CME Equity Products – Sunday, April 2, 2006

Minimum Tick Size Changing for CME NASDAQ-100®
    and CME E-mini® NASDAQ-100 Futures

Due to customer demand, the minimum tick size for the CME NASDAQ-100 and CME E-mini NASDAQ-100 futures will be reduced from 0.50 to 0.25 index points on Sunday, April 2, 2006. The table below summarizes the changes:
    Futures Contract Current Minimum New Minimum New USD Value
    CME NASDAQ-100 0.50 0.25 $25
    CME E-mini NASDAQ-100 0.50 0.25 $5

Variable Tick Size Changing for Several CME Equity Options Contracts

Also on Sunday, April 2, CME will increase the variable tick threshold level from 3.00 index points to 5.00 index points for the following options contracts:

CME S&P 500® options
    CME E-mini S&P 500 options
    CME S&P 500/Citigroup Growth options
    CME S&P 500/Citigroup Value options

The table below summarizes these changes, effective for the Monday, April 3 trade date:

4. Cool. Thanks!

For a few minutes there I thought I was seeing things. I had to logout/login. Install the new TWS version, restart, and still didn't believe it.

:eek: :p

5. what are the chances IB and other futures brokers FCM/s , Introducing Brokers etc

will now reduce the commission per side for NQ
    trades made by their customers ?

:)