IB Now Needs Passport or Drivers License?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Option_Attack, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Why are people so afraid of providing ID ?

but Yeah, after 20 years , does seem odd.

#21     Aug 2, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Okay okay...I'll send in the ID pics. It was just a little bit of a shock after all this time. And the "...Changes have been made to your account..." message kind of threw me.

And I just looked in the mirror. Yep, it's me! ID DONE. :D

#22     Aug 2, 2022
  3. lol, yeah, no biggie. Unless you look like osama

#23     Aug 2, 2022
  4. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

It is the principle of institution thinking they can ask for anything and its justified. Drug smuggling and money laundering?? And yet the sheep follow.

Here is a real scam. Some how they did it without photo ID.

Estimates ranging from $100 billion to over $400 billion have been stolen from Covid-19 unemployment and other pandemic relief programs. The United States Labor Department reported that nearly $90 billion in unemployment benefits alone could have been paid improperly due to fraudulent activities, according to PBS NewsHour. Forbes 12/22/2021

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    #24     Aug 2, 2022
  5. %%
    And if you owned that brokerage;
    what reason could any possibly object to, for not giving an id??:D:D
    I like the old bank sign ''take off your mask or sunglasses before entering.'':cool::cool:

#25     Aug 2, 2022
  6. M.W.

M.W.

That was before 9/11, global terrorism, mafia entering legitimate corporations, scams, lies, crypto scams, ponzi schemes, investor swindling, tax fraud and schemes, elite insider trading.

IDIOT!!!

#26     Aug 2, 2022
  7. blink18

blink18

Next: eyesight test!

[​IMG]

#27     Aug 2, 2022
  8. destriero

destriero

Yeah, but you're a fn criminal.

#28     Aug 2, 2022
  9. [partial QUOTE="Ayn Rand, post: 5647901, member: 503374"]It is the principle of institution thinking they can ask for anything and its justified. Drug smuggling and money laundering?? And yet the sheep follow.
    ....... Forbes 12/22/2021[/QUOTE]
    %%
    Better to be too strict than too loose:caution: And several posters noted , probably because of regulators.
    I look for patterns anywhere. Coming out of WMT in July i saw a Brinks armored car picking up thier money, but also a car with a Brinks sticker, about 150 feet away, watching.:D:D
    Better be to strict,, than too loose.

#29     Aug 2, 2022
  10. Fain

Fain

Nowadays Trades are entered online and Brokers request updated Client IDs

#30     Aug 2, 2022