IB November interest

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by sprstpd, Dec 4, 2008.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

On my IB statement today, I noticed that the credit interest for my account was reduced by about 80% from the previous month. I know the Fed is trying to target a 0% interest rate, but I didn't think we were there yet. Is anybody else seeing this?

2. u130747

u130747

Same here. To earn less than 10.00 on a 150,000.00 account is absurd. Moving my account soon.

Bert

3. moarla

moarla

look at IB homepage, everything is there....

interests payed for USD EUR GBP... on different amounts...

you can READ? so why disturb anyone with those stupid questions????

4. sprstpd

sprstpd

Thanks for the attitude jackass.

The interest calculations still don't seem right to me. Maybe I am just in shock at how retarded this country is for crushing people who actually save money.

Thanks again jackass!

5. jsmith

jsmith

I'm also surpsied at the low interested paid by IB.

IB's interest rate use to be competitive with a local credit union.
    www.starone.org

Now, the credit union pays 3.05% for my savings account and IB pays next to nothing.

6. 50_Bip

50_Bip

IB doesn;t pay interest on the first $10k cash balance in your account. Any amount over $10k is paid at USD LIBOR (Overnight rate) less 0.5%.

7. Actually, the benchmark is fed funds, not libor. Used to be libor but they changed to fed funds quite a number of months ago. Fed funds is currently under 1/2%.

OldTrader

8. I'd rather get 0% interest knowing the cash is in ultra safe instruments rather than not seeing my money again thanks to an "enhanced yield" money market fund blowing up.

9. Daal

Daal

You can always sell EFPs and earn the libor. or buy FNM and FRE debt

10. plugger

plugger

Beautiful, isn't it? Yet another page out of the government's book of Unintended Consequences. Seniors, endowments, charities, etc. will all be hurting for income. Yet the government is trying to 'stimulate' spending. Classic.

#10     Dec 4, 2008