IB Notice

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by BlueStreek, Jun 29, 2013.

1. I received the following notice from IB, did anybody else get this message as I have never done this before, is this part of the new Dodd-Frank Regulation?

Dear IB Customer:

Regulations require that Interactive Brokers verify the accuracy of certain information that it has on file for each of its customer accounts each year. Please log into the Account Management portion of the IB website and review the information that we have on file for your account(s). If any of the information is incorrect, please correct the information using the Account Management / Account Maintenance portion of the website.

Thank you for your assistance and for using Interactive Brokers to serve your trading needs.

2. I have gotten that every year from them for years.

You just fill it in and submit it....

3. I also get these routine IB emails every year. Just make sure that when you get emails like that you log in from your own bookmark; don't click email links.

This is a common ploy to steal login credentials. I get emails with fake PayPal links all the time wanting me to click the link and log in.

4. Bob111

Bob111

common thing. they want to be sure that everything is correct and up to date. that's all.

5. JamesL

JamesL

it's not just IB that does this annually

I don't know why you all get excited over this - there's no way they can verify the info you provide unless they ask you for audited financials

6. r-in

r-in

Been back with IB for primary trading for just over 2 years. Haven't had one of those emails. Like mentioned earlier, don't click on a link in an email, go direct to the website on your own. Any email they have sent has also been a message when I log in, so if phony it won't show in your messages.