IB not going to give NYBOT access...!?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by local_crusher, Feb 11, 2007.

1. ybfjax

ybfjax

OpenEcry does have the symbols. I think OpenEcry is a great platform overall. For all that you get for the small trader, you can't beat it.

#31     Mar 13, 2007
  2. So, do you think this is a clearing issue with IB trying to clear through NYBOT? (I read one of the reasons ICE bought NYBOT was to clear through them) Or is this some sort of "help NYMEX out" thing?

#32     Mar 13, 2007
  3. I thought it's just a help out IB thing -- their IPO is coming up, maybe they don't want to piss off *somebody* (not sure who though).

IB just come clean on this -- if you gave the real reason (good bad or ugly) at least people would stop asking about it........

#33     Mar 13, 2007
  4. A post on the IB board says they will be offering this soon. Can anyone at IB confirm this?

#34     Mar 24, 2007
  5. Having been a local on NYBOT eons ago I think I have an idea why IB seems to be reluctant to handle NYBOT/ICE electronic contracts.

Notice that IB does not charge separate data fees for the various domestic futures like Trade Station does for example (and this means substantial savings for their customers, THANK YOU IB). However NYBOT is a tough exchange. Remember Sept 11, 2001? They were the only NY exhange that had backup facilities ready (in Long Island City), Guess how they paid for that? Their data feed fees are very high and they are used to that.

It is possible that IB has not been able to reach an economical fee arrangement with NYBOT.

Regards,

GC

#35     Mar 24, 2007
  6. I completely agree with guru.

I see no further need to implement NYBOT access.
    With these many instruments being offered by IB it appears unnecessary to trade Sugar or Pulp.

Note that you can trade Coffee/Cocoa via Liffe.

Also, CME will offer globex trading in livestock futures by June.

#36     Mar 24, 2007
  7. #37     Mar 24, 2007
  8. ybfjax

ybfjax

IQ feed also told me that summer, 2007 NYBOT was lowering their exchange fee for RT data. $99 was ridiculous.

#38     Mar 24, 2007
  9. Dude, no offense but who are you to decide if other people find it necessary to trade sugar or pulp or whatever? It's IB's decision whether or not to offer it but if they don't want to I wish they'd at least give a good reason AND a straight answer. But thanks for your kind wishes :eek:

I see no need give you Globex connectivity to trade livestock :confused: :confused:

#39     Mar 24, 2007
  10. A quick look at the NYBOT softs, i found they have relatively large spreads (coffee was 5 pts per tick) or small daily ranges (eg sugar).

A bit like the bonds on ECBOT.

Therefore are these suitable for daytrading?

Ofcourse for swing trading or trend following they would be good.

#40     Mar 24, 2007