IB not able to log on today..

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Digs, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Luto

Luto

fixed the problem for me. used 819 today and seems fine so far...

#11     Mar 19, 2004
  2. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

If you find your shortcut no longer works, open the shortcut and check that the parameters are set as follows:

Target:
    javaw.exe -cp jts.jar;jcommon-0.9.0.jar;jfreechart-0.9.15.jar jclient/LoginFrame c:\jts

Start in:
    c:\jts

Or, if you have had display problem in the past and need to disable direct draw, the target should be:

javaw.exe -cp jts.jar;jcommon-0.9.0.jar;jfreechart-0.9.15.jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true jclient/LoginFrame c:\jts

-Pete

#12     Mar 19, 2004
  3. saxon

saxon

I downgraded to Build 817 after losing pages, etc., and I have no plans to upgrade again until I see at least a month without major error reports.

It seems the TWS developers took a wrong turn somewhere around Build 818, and they're not out of the woods yet.

saxon

#13     Mar 19, 2004
  4. 819 is fine. I've been using it everyday since Mar 11.

If you lose pages, follow this clean install procedure and save a copy of your C:\Jts\dwlcjwfzv\*.lyt files to cut down on future fille corruption:

TWS Problems Solved by Clean Install
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29753

#14     Mar 19, 2004
  5. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

Starting in build 820 (currently in beta), TWS will save a backup of the page file each day (e.g. jts.Mon.pg), so you will automatically have a five day history of your page files.

#15     Mar 19, 2004
  6. I'm new to trading and I keep reading about IB in all the forums. What is it?

Thanks

#16     Mar 19, 2004
  7. BSAM

BSAM

A brokerage firm.

www.interactivebrokers.com

#17     Mar 19, 2004
  8. dchang0

dchang0

The same freakin' thing with Build 819 happened to me, though it took me a while to figure it all out because I've been using SOCKScap to traverse a SOCKS5 firewall. I tried everything under the sun that I could think of, and then I realized that SOCKScap keeps a copy of the desktop icon's command string independent of the icon. (In other words, it doesn't point to the icon on the desktop, it replicates its instructions and stores those instructions internally.)

So, once I redid the "application profile" in SOCKScap, it all started working.

Finally!!! I've been sitting out on the sidelines ever since 819 came out.

#18     Mar 23, 2004
  9. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

Just an idea for the future... When having problems w/ the standalone version of the TWS, try launching the TWS from the IB website instead.

#19     Mar 23, 2004
  10. nodelta

nodelta

Nice.

Is there any QA work that goes on in that IT shop or what?

#20     Mar 24, 2004