IB Non US Options

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by minorearth, Dec 6, 2011.

1. bump. I'd be curious to know this too. I always thought you were able to trade options on the euro STOXX 50 futures. I believe there is a rep from IB here that can help

2. bump. I'd be curious to know this too. I always thought you were able to trade options on the euro STOXX 50 futures. I believe there is a rep from IB here that can help

3. def

def Sponsor

4. just to confirm, so US traders are allowed to trade options the stoxx 50? just wanted to make clear bc thats the UK site
    Thanks

5. Def, just to clarify, so US residents can trades the stoxx 50 options? Just want to make sure b/c that was IB u.k site.

also def, I have another question regarding equity options. If IB commissions are .70 an option, how are the following commission rates so low for this user that pasted this. Am i missing something?
    thanks

6. def

def Sponsor

don't know about US residents and it is too late for me (i'm in HK) to look up CFTC/SEC no action letters. Perhaps someone else can chime in. If you don't get an answer within a day, shoot me a PM and I'll look it up.

commissions are low I assume (as I don't have any further details than what you posted) because of the following:
    1. premium < .05

Premium < USD 0.05 USD 0.25 per contract USD 1.00

2. sliding scale and/or exchange rebates given back to clients:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/BATSoptfee.php?ib_entity=llc

7. thanks def