IB-no shares to short?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bob111, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Bob111

Bob111

again?

2. bellman

bellman

huh? why didn't you just post a link?

3. Bob111

Bob111

because they updating the list during the day..right now it shows 3995 stocks..

4. cstfx

cstfx

5. Bob111

Bob111

6. How could anybody at IB trade stock with a list like that? They may as well just close down that portion of their business because that list is an abomination. And its not good enough to make excuses when people rely on trading for their income. They are clearly too corrupt to allow even basic trading services anymore. It really smeels bad....

7. get a life troll.

8. cstfx

cstfx

Now that's more like it. 8400+ (vs 7800 @ Genesis btw) but still light compared to the usual. Anyone know why the list has been so light?

9. PeterM

PeterM

I'm a futures trader who stumbled onto this thread. It helps me remember one of the reasons (the wash/sale tax rule being the other) why I never want to trade equities again. I had issues like this with many different brokers. I'd find a beautiful short set-up, hit the button to sell short, only to get the message back -- no shares available to to short. And this would happen with some of the most liquid instruments on the planet, like SPY.

#10     Apr 27, 2009