IB No Longer Displays Realized FX PnL

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by oldtime, Sep 19, 2011.

1. It shows my unrealized profit in real time no problem,it's the unrealized that it quit showing

#11     Sep 20, 2011
  2. Once it is realized it probably passes into your equity at the end of the day once your statement is issued and they zero out the realized amount for the new day.

I do not remember exactly.

Have you looked at the statements for the days in question?

#12     Sep 20, 2011
  3. Yes, there is never any PnL in the statement

the thing is, there was no problem until Sunday, and nobody at IB seems to have any idea what I'm talking about

what's the point of even having a realized profit column if everytime you have a profit the position vanishes from the virtual fx window?

#13     Sep 20, 2011
  4. well, I guess I'll go and try to send them another msg, I'll let you know if it works

#14     Sep 20, 2011
  5. nope, It is still not working. It says msg is being sent but it just times out and says warning you're session may have expired

#15     Sep 20, 2011
  6. I have seen that happen on occasion.

It will clear or have you tried a different browser (preferably IE).

#16     Sep 20, 2011
  7. it's no big deal, I just want to bug them so they will quit ignoring me

#17     Sep 20, 2011
  8. Don't they have to clear out realized daily or maybe when the trade settles?

Otherwise it would just keep growing forever.....

#18     Sep 20, 2011
  9. it resets at midnight, or at least it used to

#19     Sep 20, 2011
  10. so just like usual, I got stopped out of USD/CHF this morning. I tried to msg IB to ask what the loss was,(I know what it was but the computer use to show it) but the msg center is still not working. I even logged in again using Internet Explorer but still no luck.

So I called the accounting dept. and talked to Megan. She looked at the account history and said, "This is not right. You shouldn't have been bounced around like this. I think I might know what the problem is, but I am going to check with TWS. Write down this ticket number and my name and we will get this resolved."

#20     Sep 20, 2011