IB - no daily statements for May 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nitro, May 5, 2003.

1. Also, most word processesors have a paste function called "paste unformatted text." This is found under
    Edit-->Paste Special--> Paste Unformatted Text; in Word, WordPad and Word Perfect.

#21     May 9, 2003
  2. nitro

nitro

Too much time in front of a computer [youth is wasted on the young :( ]

YW.

nitro

#22     May 9, 2003
  3. minimi

minimi

There is no symbol but only name/descriptions of the security in the html statement.

Old text statement works better comparing the current html statement, in aspects such as format/layout/clarity. But the html statement should be improved.

#23     May 9, 2003
  4. You could also use the IE special feature "Save as type ..." Text File (*.txt).

#24     May 9, 2003
  5. minimi

minimi

Here is another problem with the HTML statement, an insufficiency comparing to the good old TEXT statement. In my HTML ***monthly*** statement for April the list of transactions is missing. While the TEXT monthly statement gives me all details in clarity.

IB, please fix this before phase out the TEXT monthly statement.

Thanks.

#25     May 10, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

Huh? Every transaction is there on my monthly or daily statement.

The one thing that I noticed has changed is that the total commission dollars spent is not on the html day or monthly version being generated now. Not sure why that is, I would like to see it. It is not a big deal because when I download the statements into my tax software, the information is displayed there.

nitro

#26     May 10, 2003
  7. minimi

minimi

No, the transactions are not on my April statement. Hope they will show up the next month if there will be no TEXT format available.

Good point, nitro, no total commissions. And as I inidcated earlier there is no symbols in stock/option transactions.

Thanks.

#27     May 10, 2003
  8. Def, When will the XML format be available? They should not cancel the text format before the XML is available. Could you push them on this issue? Thanks in advance.

I tried to import HTML statements into Excel or Access. I am wondering how a user can extract buy/sell orders from HTML statements into a spreadsheet.

#28     May 24, 2003
  9. def

def Sponsor

This is one area I know little about. I'll pass this along but the best place for you to comment on the statements and make requests is on the IB website under the accounts and statements discussion forum.

#29     May 25, 2003
  10. You should have received the notification from IB:
    The chat will be limited to the first 200 participants who log on Thursday, June 5 at 4:30 ET. To log on to our online chat, go to http://www.interactivebrokers.com/html/chat/ibSeminar.html.
    Let's ask them to restore the text statements during the chat. This may be the last chance we have. Anyone interested?

#30     Jun 3, 2003