IB, No confirmation email....

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by taclander, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Catoosa, I will also say I have offered to provide my phone number to an IB rep. and have no issue working with them. At the same time this process leads to me believe nothing has really changed.

#11     Feb 7, 2012
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

taclander,

Thank you for your kind and gentleman comments to my post. I was expecting to get my head handed to me for commenting but did not. I now better understand your concerns for not getting a fast IB email acknowledgment of your account application. A lot has changed for the better at IB since I opened my IB account 12 years ago. I think you will be happy and pleased with the IB improvements during your 10 year absence. You can probably remember the "Global" trader platform we used prior to the replacement TWS platform.

#12     Feb 7, 2012
  3. Dont feel bad I just opened and closed an IB acct all in a week and a half. That is about the most mickey mouse outfit I have ever dealt with!

#13     Feb 7, 2012
  4. Eight

Eight

Organizations tend to ossify. They also tend to not change.

Try to take the good with the bad, the sweet with the sour and if the total experience can be better somewhere else, go for it.

#14     Feb 7, 2012
  5. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Every broker can run into issues from time to time. What is important is showing respect for your clients through glitches. When services are running well, everyone looks good.

Bob

#15     Feb 7, 2012
  6. def

def Sponsor

Did you have any luck? The token confirmations ae sent out immediately so if they aren't being rec'd the logical culprit is a spam filter. Hopefully you've got this resolved and were not able to move forward. If not, please let me know.

Of course I'm biased but I'm confident you'll be pleasantly surprised at the improvements and enhancements across the board starting from customer service all the way through the back end reports.

#16     Feb 7, 2012
  7. LOL, I was extremely dissapointed with everything from the website, antiquated trading platform and lousy customer service!!

#17     Feb 7, 2012
  8. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

What kind of platform are you looking for?

#18     Feb 7, 2012
  9. hey man, I think we all know what's going on. Especially for old non computer literate (I guess I could have just said computer illiterate) geezers like me. When it aint working, you just start posting until someone comes to your rescue.

Some call it bitching, but that is becasue they are insecure and don't want anybody to say anything bad about their broker because it makes them feel bad.

My first email to IB was (and this was back in the days when nobody knew what Java was and TWS was very unstable), "I don't think my windows likes your tws."

That was the best way I could think of to explain it and was expecting a polite reply like, "How may I help you?" Instead, my first email from IB was obviously from a woman (you can just tell) and she said, "So what do you want me to do about it?"

So I just kept trading with my commodity broker, because back then IB didn't trade wheat corn or beans. But when I saw what a great deal globex was for the little guy and what a great deal IB offered the little guy I kept at it and eventually closed out my commodities account and just traded ES with IB.

Once you figure out what you are doing (and even an old computer illterate geezer like me can eventually figure it out) you can control just about every parameter of your trading from order entry to the color of your screen to practaically one click sweeping of your account anytime you want.

I think I went through the first five years of trading without ever talking to them on the phone. The first time was during a power outage (and we had a lot of them back out there in the sticks where I lived) and I just told them to close out everything and they did it at a nominal extra charge.

It would get kind of boring around here if we posted everytime it all goes well. Like the old headline,"A plane took off from New York and landed in LA and all passengers arrived safely."

So about the only time you hear about IB is when something goes wrong for a certain individual.

Bash them all you want. Call them Mickey Mouse. I am very secure and it doesn't make me feel bad. But they have served me very well over the years. Just don't ever try to resolve a problem on the chat line after hours unless you speak several other languages other than English. And no matter what they tell you, don't uninstall anything, because if you are just patient, a real human being will answer your call in the morning and explain to you the simple problem.

#19     Feb 7, 2012
  10. Catoosa

Catoosa

A quick knee jerk reaction can cut off one's nose to spite their face.

#20     Feb 7, 2012