IB News

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by def, May 29, 2002.

1. DEF

I am still hoping it will be possible for the TWS to update

quicker than it does now ...

perhaps I am mistaken but it usually seems

like when I have a position .. my P+L

does not update that quckly ...

perhaps only 1-2 a minute?

#51     Jun 5, 2002
  2. Cesko

Cesko

Def
    I didn't find anything on how to get qoutes thru the mobile platform. Do I have to get quotes from somewhere else?Thanks

#52     Jun 5, 2002
  3. def

def Sponsor

cesko,
    'd go through the manul and ask questions on the ib web site as there is a specific board set up for mobile trading. I will hopefully be the last person to purchase a wap phone and thus have no intention of becoming expert on how to use this service. however, a quick look through the online info shows that when you select a stock, the market seems to appear.

seth,
    I assume you mean the P&L only gets marked to market once or twice per minute. I assume that was designed to conserve resources. I'll add updating it faster to the list of recommendations I pass along.

#53     Jun 5, 2002
  4. qazmax

qazmax

Is IB offering overnight margin at 4-1 ?? Or just intraday?

#54     Jun 7, 2002
  5. potrader

potrader

I don't know what the quote was, but I would listen to the one that may not have an employment bias.

#55     Jun 7, 2002
  6. IB's data feed is unreliable, and there are cheaper places to get level 2 (quote.com charges $10, esignal's is free if you sign up for a year but you can also get a cheap one month trial, quote.com has no trial unless you call and stay on hold and whoever you end up talking to feels like giving you a free trial - warning - quote.com is run and staffed by a bunch of morons). There are many others who offer L2 - go to the software section and you can read about each. If you've never used a charting package before, expect to spend 3 months trying, learning, and choosing...

hope this helps

#56     Jun 7, 2002