Ib New Version

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by profitseer, Oct 25, 2002.

1. catcando

catcando

Does anyone know if the availability of bracket orders as described above will be available with a STOP limit oder as the first order of the series?

The current auto stop attachment feature only works with limit orders. I currently use Ameritrade as a swing trader but plan on switching to IB as soon as my account goes flat and the bracket order scenario works perfectly for my trading style if the first order can be a STOP limit with an attached stop loss and sell limit.

Anyone know for sure?

#11     Oct 25, 2002
  2. babe714

babe714

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear IB; The 2 above mentioned features are available only for a limit order to enter a position and I thank you for them. But , I respectfully request that IB please allow the attachment of both features to a stop limit order used to enter a position and to a stop order used to enter a position. This would be useful to all traders and would increase commisions for IB. Thank you for considering this request. dan cook

Dan - this is on the programming queue and will be coming soon

#12     Oct 26, 2002
  3. spprophet

spprophet

#13     Oct 27, 2002
  4. Does the new auto-stop feature automatically adjust to the limit order it's attached to if the limit order is changed?

Put another way, it would be great if you could just define a default stop-loss level (say 3 pts) that would be automatically sent out for every position, no matter how it was executed (limit, market, etc). I would think this option would be beneficial for both IB and traders alike.

#14     Oct 27, 2002
  5. no, the stop price doesn't change. It is set by bid ask or last and then + or - offset.

You can set up a default trailing stop that of course will always adjust.

#15     Oct 27, 2002