IB New TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by stevenao, May 1, 2008.

1. Bob111

Bob111

Thank you!

due to changes in TWS or IB website for almost every week-it's really hard to get used to. :)

#11     May 2, 2008
  2. stevenao

stevenao

I just don't understand how putting a theme in TWS will make it more efficient for traders. It is better to put that effort on something else, like make "Booktrader" to work with Forex. Intergrating DowJones news service should also be on the top of the list. Money.net can provide the service for 30 dollars. With the volume of IB, IB should be able to get it at a cheaper price.

#12     May 2, 2008
  3. DerekD

DerekD

Configuration menus are the slowest.

#13     May 2, 2008
  4. plan

plan

I'm using latest version and like it a lot. No diff at all in speed (i'm using quad core computer).

I like the themes too, everything looks more clear. One of the complaints I had was that the resolution was bad and words looked blurry. Now it looks great.

I don't know why you guys complain so much about IB, i think it's fantastic.

#14     May 2, 2008
  5. if you are running latest java step back to ver 1.5.

ver. 1.6 has caused config screen to hang for me.

#15     May 2, 2008
  6. TWS is great.

Although the charts are still a work in progrss. But using Quotetracker solves that issue anyways.

The new columns rock.:cool:

#16     May 2, 2008
  7. jtnet

jtnet

why make everything all fucking bubbley like an hippie apple mac? TT X_trader has it right , simple and to the point blocks and columns. no shadding and crap. sure it looks "dated" but simple is better.

#17     May 2, 2008
  8. I agree, IB rocks but charts suck. Who cares though: IB plus QT prob the best combo out there.

#18     May 2, 2008
  9. DerekD

DerekD

Thanks for the tip. Worked like a charm.

#19     May 2, 2008