IB new security features- makes me mad!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Kicking, Oct 4, 2007.

1. WD40

WD40

how naive can you be?

#11     Oct 7, 2007
  2. Pardon, did I miss something? EVERY IB client should get a secure device?

It's not that I'm against it, the more security the better, afraid of another thing:

should I order it or what or can be restricted in account access somehow?

#12     Oct 7, 2007
  3. cmaxb

cmaxb

What company is that?

#13     Oct 7, 2007
  4. If you misplace or damage your device IB will issue a temporary passcode. No one has been shut out for days or weeks. Absolute bullshit.

Evidently you don't need to be with a company to be an idiot. You're proof of that.

OldTrader

#14     Oct 7, 2007
  5. Joe

Joe

Everyone's moving to this technology.
    Realtor's use this technology, most likely its the Secure ID made by RSA. Realtors log in once with it and then once they are in they can play all they want. Which I would assume is the same thing for IB, use it once to log in, then trade all you want till you log off.
    http://www.rsa.com/node.aspx?id=1156

#15     Oct 7, 2007
  6. Dude I am out of the loop. I've haven't gotten any info from IB about this. Maybe my identity has already been stolen and all my funds wired to Nigeria by some 15 year old in Moscow. I'm freaking out! Help!!

#16     Oct 7, 2007
  7. maxpi

maxpi

I think you can, can't you click on help and then go to the account management screen without further ado?? I can't login right now but that is how I recall it...

#17     Oct 7, 2007
  8. maxpi

maxpi

those credit reporting agencies could have made this available to all of us at anytime, in fact they were mandated by congress to do so in a krappy fashion where you had to make the request really frequently.. and they did not cooperate in that at all... they let you feel safe however!! Now that somebody is making them conform [that is what those for-pay services do] and has the clout to sue them because of the size of their aggregated customer base the credit reporting agencies are going to offer the same service for pay!! They can eat into the profits of the third party services and reduce their exposure to lawsuits!! Thanks for looking out for me and all the millions of people that had id theft corporate america.....

The public sector never gave a rats ass whether we had our id stolen, so I would not wait for them to fix it, if IB has a solution go with it.....

#18     Oct 7, 2007
  9. Does anyone know if every IB customer will receive a security device no matter how big or tiny his or her account is /or accounts are ?
    Btw, doesn't this security device cost around 150 $? And how many IB customers are there actually in the world? Several 100000s? So not everyone will get his or her device on time, of course should I say?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

#19     Oct 7, 2007
  10. rayl

rayl

There were around 80k customers at end of Q2 as I recall.

I believe smaller accounts get a passcode list of some sort -- based on other posts (I have 2 Secure Computing devices so I can't say first hand).

#20     Oct 7, 2007