IB: new error message " could not value ...

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ggoom, Jun 13, 2006.

1. ggoom

ggoom

I begin to see new error message in TWS saying that it could not determine the value of position when I initiate it.
    This is regular stock positions, so it should not happen. Never happened before this week. If I re-transmit it it goes without any problem. But, quite often I have to do this re-transmission. Anybody seeing the same message?

2. Interesting, that happened back during the volatile days of 2002 frequently.

3. Just got a reply to the trouble ticket i filed:

"Our programmers are aware of this issue and are currently working on a resolution. Unfortunately I do not have a time frame as to when this will be accomplished. IB apologizes for any inconvenience that this may have caused you in this situation."

4. that message has come up numerous times already in the past couple of weeks or so and missed many entries 'cause of it, also all those shorts hard to locate are a pain to say the least and its goin on for ages; if i cannot short now in this mkt, i have to consider other options...these issues are costin' me money.

5. theres also another useless new feature on booktrader now; when u place your first order a pop up window comes up askin' me if am sure i want to send the order, duh! i armed the ladder didnt i? obviously by the time i realize my order didnt go trough and that i have to check the 'yes'/'now' box the price i wanted is gone for good. any1 knows if there's a way to get rid of that freakin' alert, somewhere...somewhow? i know i can do it by checkin' the box sayin' 'check here if u dont want to see this message again', but i have to place a fake order every mornin' to make it go away.

tia