IB: missing CHF, check your statements.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by KS96, Nov 3, 2006.

1. KS96

KS96

Very nice that you two both agree with Def. Keep lickin....

Yet, I am the one who believes that my statements don't add up, and my trouble ticket hasn't been picked up by anyone yet! Unless IB points out where I am wrong in my calculations (if I am wrong), the issue remains and it's a serious one.

#31     Nov 6, 2006
  2. LOL. Its coming down to my level.

My statements are correct too :)

#32     Nov 6, 2006
  3. KS96

KS96

you are so naive

but anyway, I haven't said that IB stole my money (yet)... it may be some problem with the systems... or I may be wrong with my calculations (how stupid of me). However, I did my homework. I went through 6 days trading log twice (no sense to go through the statements, because according to the CSR they may be wrong..... How the hell am I supposed to know what's happening anymore!?!)

So, who else thinks he is still missing $$$? Bitstream & kiwi_trader believe they are correct, Ozzy is not sure... Anyone else? Absx & Sashe, are your problems resolved?

IB (and especially the clueless CSRs) has to understand that customers are very "sensitive" with their money. The fluctuations in the balances due to trading are enough....We don't need the extra volatility!

#33     Nov 6, 2006
  4. LOL. Thats true.

#34     Nov 6, 2006
  5. def

def Sponsor

I've since gotten to the bottom of this.

1. your ticket was submitted after 5:30 PM on Friday. As we don't staff the help desk on the weekends your ticket is still in the Q

2. If you go back to your statements on the 26th and 30th, you'll see credits to the account. Those credits were in error.

3. The amount removed from your account offsets those credits.

FWIW, one of the so called "clueless" CSR's took the time to sort this out with me.

#35     Nov 6, 2006
  6. abxs

abxs

It seems def has pointed out correctly what has happened:

"2. If you go back to your statements on the 26th and 30th, you'll see credits to the account. Those credits were in error."

But he doesn't say why this happened....

I'd say this is a very strange glitch in the system! And apart from that, it's a bit akward that members have to refer CSR ot this forum to point out what you wrote, because they don't seem to be aware of any issues themselves...!

#36     Nov 6, 2006
  7. def

def Sponsor

BXS: I am not CSR and when I went over to them this AM, they told me everything was resolved (it was). When I had additional time this afternoon to point out specifics mentioned in this forum, I was immediately told the problem. In short, they were completely on top of this. Monday's are exceptionally busy days on the service desk and the ticket(s) in question will be answered in due course. However, I do think it's a bit unrealistic of you to assume every CSR knows every issue and detail of the system. In any event, the main item of importance here is that we knew there was an issue and it seems to have been resolved correctly.

What I find strange is that the complaints only started to come in on this forum when the inadvertent credits were removed from the accounts.

#37     Nov 6, 2006
  8. KS96

KS96

Indeed, I've just checked, there were deposits on my account on the 26th (+368 CHF), and on the 30th (+260 CHF), which were corrected on the 3rd of November (-628 CHF).

The problem was that the CSR told me that my last *correct* statement was the 26th. That was wrong!
    Started from the CHF ending cash balance of the 26th and adding P/Ls (do you know how much of my time your CSRs innocent error wasted me? who is going to compensate for that?) resulted to the wrong numbers, and to this whole fuss!

Also, your system should email customers about new available statements when those are really ready (not a day before). I got an email on 4/Nov that my statement of 3/Nov is ready, but it became available only on 5/Nov. So I couldn't even check what your correction was. Get into my shoes, and honestly tell me you wouldn't be freaking out.

Anyway, I am glad this is resolved. Also I will take the "clueless" back, but I will reserve some other adjectives for future use. You should teach your CSRs how to show more understanding & be more helpful, because customers are sensitive about their money. The CSRs have nothing to lose.

I am the one who expects an apology, not you.

#38     Nov 6, 2006
  9. KS96

KS96

I can answer this for myself only. I don't know about the others.

When you add +368 CHF or +260 CHF during my trading day while my account fluctuates wildly due to futures, forex, and stock positions, and the known glitches of the TWS, no I wouldn't notice (and this is what scares me.)

However, when 628 CHF dissappear, all at once, at 21:00 CET on Friday when nothing moves and also my positions are reduced, then I *do* notice. Get it?

#39     Nov 6, 2006
  10. abxs

abxs

That is a good point, but I'll be honest with you on this and I went to talk to a CSR when on a morning I saw about +300 added so I did report it.

What is happening here is that we all had a small credit added to our account which we may not have noticed, but obviously when you lose more than 1k on a morning it does show up clearly.

#40     Nov 6, 2006