IB: missing CHF, check your statements.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by KS96, Nov 3, 2006.

1. bloody hell, now i got to get trough 1000s of transactions and see what's up.

i remember tho less than a month ago i suffered a loss on hsi and it showed a bigger loss than it really was after doin' the currency conversion. thot about it as a bug or somthin' and forgot about it, now am highly suspicious somethin' aint right. ;mad;

#11     Nov 3, 2006
  2. KS96

KS96

Guys, anyone has any news concerning this?
    I know that IB is gone for the weekend so I don't expect anything from them, but has any of you gone through his statements yet?

Yesterday (4/Nov) I received the daily email notification that said that my 3/Nov statement is available. However, when I am trying to retrieve it from the Account Management it seems it's *not* available!?!?
    WTF?!?

This issue starts stressing me out... All commission savings will go to the doctors....

#12     Nov 5, 2006
  3. ozzy

ozzy

Yes - they are not available. Wait till Monday. I'm pretty sure they know there were some problems last week.

In the meantime relax and think about how your gonna give the market a nice whooping this week.

#13     Nov 5, 2006
  4. ozzy

ozzy

Statement is now available -- just checked I was short CGB (canadian bonds) bought to close on Friday at 114.49.

In their calculations it looks like I bought to open and the MTM is showing a big loss because it closed at 114.09. I need to look at my other accounts as well -- because they also had some problems.

Anyone know if CS is available tonight (EST time)?

#14     Nov 5, 2006
  5. mjh

mjh

I used IB for 2 years and had so many inconsistencies in my account that I almost had a nervous breakdown. I had times when my account balance was off 30K and couldn’t trade because of it.
    I would open trouble tickets and call only to get attitude from the CSR's like I'm an idiot. F that! If you think you are going to get them to straighten their shit out you'd better just bail because they have the same attitude as the management of the Chicago Cubs. AS long as the seats are filled they are happy with sub par performance and could care less about the customers/fans.

Only if they lose customers enmasse or the threat of same will they react.

#15     Nov 5, 2006
  6. KS96

KS96

Were the inconsistencies corrected by IB eventually? Did you find errors in your statements? Which broker are you now with?

As for the CSR I chatted to, he even tried to end the session prematurely.... like there was no problem whatsoever! My time was up he said or something! Unbelievable!!! I AM THE CUSTOMER! Of course, I saved the transcript for future reference...

#16     Nov 5, 2006
  7. mjh

mjh

After 3 months all problems (there were several) were corrected and yes my statements were all screwed up too. Im with Cybertrader now. The comm arent as cheap but everything else is A+ as far as I'm concerned and I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I at least don't go to sleep at night anymore sweating out the fact that my account may be all F'd up in the morning and I can't trade physically or mentally.

#17     Nov 5, 2006
  8. Sashe

Sashe

Oh, man
    Just checked my statement I am missing $1248 from my IB acct ....
    WTF is going on?
    Can't believe this

#18     Nov 5, 2006
  9. KS96

KS96

Exactly how I feel now...

#19     Nov 5, 2006
  10. KS96

KS96

welcome to the club

#20     Nov 5, 2006