IB Midnight reset taking 10+ mins?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by erlewine, Mar 9, 2010.

1. My midnight reset (pink TWS) has been taking a full 10 minutes lately (with the exception of Sunday evenings), running standalone 901.8

Disconnects around 00:20:00 Eastern, reconnected today at 00:30:28.

Is a full 10 minute lockout normal? Used to be around 2-3 minutes for me prior to the last few weeks, and according to IB's system status page:

"The reset period describes the duration during which your account may be unavailable for a few seconds."

No big deal since I haven't been trading Asia lately, but is this a problem on my end or is it system-wide?

2. umm maybe they got a call from GS to get ready for the crash this morning

:D

3. Catoosa

Catoosa

My TWS resets at 12.00 AM EST and is back up in about 20 to 80 seconds.

4. rcj

rcj

Probably not.

This is for the US server. TWS 901.8 standalone.Times = CST.
    There are two times at night when IB/TWS breaks its signal.
    About 11.01p and again at about 11.25p sun - thurs.
    Couple of wks ago i noticed the usual breaks took place but then
    the connection was again broken for 15 min. beginning after
    11.35p. This happened several nights.
    PingPlotter showed connection to IB was ok but no data thru the api.

Right now no problem. Get free PingPlotter if you dont have it.
    Helps to sort things out quickly.

Normal break is a minute or so here.

5. Stosh

Stosh

I've been with IB for about two years and it is like that every night. Often goes in and out several times over 30 minutes or more. Stosh

6. the connection is VERY stable during NY market hours.. but i have noticed failures during off hours

7. Just to clarify, my TWS begins resetting data servers (data begins flashing on and off) at midnight eastern. This isn't a big deal as you can still trade.

I'm specifically referring to the time during which TWS turns "pink" and locks you out from placing/modifying orders. This kicks in around 12:20:00am Eastern. Used to be a minute or two for me, lately it's over 10 minutes. The server it's repeatedly trying to connect to in my log is: gw4.ibllc.com:4000

I'll have to contact tech support, sounds like my 10 minutes is an anomaly if most of you are still getting 2 minutes or less.

8. Catoosa

Catoosa

I am trading 5 nights a week 10:00PM to 4:00AM. I see a less than 1 minute reset a 12:00AM and this is some nights followed at about 12:15 by about 1 minute where the column and row lines of my TWS page turn a pink or purple color. I have not tried to place an order during purple line phase. I wait for the about 1 minute period and my TWS page is back to normal.