IB messed up average cost of every position.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by trend2009, Jun 11, 2021.

1. when I got up and checked the tws, I found big win on every position. After one second of happiness, I found out the cost basis is totally wrong.

anyone has the same problem?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    murray t turtle and comagnum like this.
  2. d08

d08

Happens regularly when I wake up the machine and TWS reconnects. There appear to be numerous issues when reconnecting.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

I noted that too, however, although the P/L for several positions were way off (higher I think in all cases,) the total equity of acct was accurate. That is because unrealized P/L is not a separate factor added to TE.

But I've had separate equity issues for months, that IB does not seem motivated to fix. I often trade combination stock options, and on one page (portfolio) IB adds the P/L from combination spd, but then also repeat the 2 components. Should be a simple bug to remedy.

I've been trading with IB for more than 20 years, and although have used other brokers, they still seem to be about the best.

4. they have not fixed the issue till now. i chatted with IB technical person this morning. he said the firm realized the issue and was trying to fix it using back server. I checked the daily statement, where I have BA at 248, but the open position in the statement said the cost at 190. I met the cost basis problem on tws a few times before, but this time even their daily statement is wrong. I feel that IB has more problem in the recent 1-2 years than before, maybe because their technical platform is too outdated, and new IT personals are reluctant to maintain the legacy code.

5. traider

traider

I thought you maintain that state in your algos so you don't have to depend on IB

6. revet

revet

It's good on my end, FWIW

7. %%
    Some times;
    but that'$ why i keep a notebook. Even worse sometimes if the ETF stock splits/LOL.

8. now Tws portfolio page is still messed but account window is correct

9. Is their tax reporting (tax cost basis) at least correct when they mess up with the cost basis? I never checked, but maybe I should. You can verify (in their "latest" TWS, not in "stable") by right-clicking, "Change Tax Lots"; or by going to Tax Lot Optimizer from Account Management.