IB Market/Mosaic Scanners (and alternatives)

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hayman, Jun 2, 2018.

1. hayman

hayman

I’m an IB Day Trader and decided to try and make use of their Market and Mosaic scanners.

To my dismay, neither scanner seems to support RSI threshold filters (for example, RSI<20) and elementary filtering on comparison of adjacent bar prices (for example, BarClose[0] < BarClose[-1]).

Am I missing something here? Is there a way to do this with these native scanners?

Aside from Trade Ideas, which seems to be a fan favorite but runs $200/month, are there any real-time scanners that people use that will interface with IB, and allow for filtering on my 2 requirements above, say for 5 minute bars?

2. hayman

hayman

OK, Medved Trader is the answer. Great, customizable, real-time scanner. Requires a data source, of course, but for me, either TD or IB will serve that purpose.

3. qlai

qlai

I didn't check them out yet, but looks promising from a glance.
    http://thestockmarketwatch.com
    Please share your findings if you look at them or already did.

4. qlai

qlai

Sorry wrong site. Will repost one I find it

5. qlai

qlai

6. hayman

hayman

Looks like only some canned scanners and they're pushing their chat room. Need to give them an Email Address to garner further info. I'm looking for flexible, programmatic scans. Tos (via ThinkScript) or MT (noted above) look like the clear cut winners in the scanning area to me