IB market data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by yiftafr, May 11, 2006.

1. yiftafr

yiftafr

Hi guys
    Very trivial question.
    When I sign up for IB I get the real time market data and need to add the exchange fees right?
    When I checked the IB market fees:
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/marketData.php?ib_entity=llc

I saw that for non pro acount the NASDAQ AMEX NSYE are "not applicable". Those this mean that I would have to pay for the datafeed seperately if I do stocks?

Thanks.

2. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

No, it's...

US Securities & Commodities Non-Professional Bundle (Includes all Stock, Options, Futures and Bond markets) United States Free (USD 10.00 market data fee if less than USD 30.00 in commissions per month)

So you get everything for free if you generate $30 in commissions per month in the universal account.

See link, scroll down about midway:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/marketData.php?ib_entity=llc

3. yiftafr

yiftafr

Is it only real time data or do I get historical data (daily,weekly) as well?

4. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

That's a good question. Yes you get some historical data because TWS has a charting feature from which you can get time and sales data from. I just don't know how far back this data goes because I don't use the charts for more than recent time and sales data. But I do recall looking 3 months back in the data for time and sales when I was doing a study of EUR/USD. So figure at least 3 to 6 months maybe more.

5. The amount of historic data stored on the IB servers was recently increased from 6 months to 1 year. It is available in compressions from 1 second to 1 day.

6. Boy, you get hit with $200/mo fees if pro for stock and option exchanges.

$2000+ haircut per year right off the top.

Guess this discourages small fry from going pro...

7. yiftafr

yiftafr

Thanks guys,
    I decided to go for Tradestation instead.
    Historical data 30 years daily and 10 years intraday.
    Along with impressive software platform and now reasonable price is the main solution for backtesting.