IB marginable stock list?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by eltr, Nov 14, 2002.

1. eltr

eltr

How to know if a stock is marginable in IB?

I tried to short IMCL on margin before market close today, the order was rejected to satisfy maintenance level although I used less than 1 time margin even the the order went through. I called IB, and was told that IMCL should be marginable since it is a 14 dollar stock, but they didn't find out why my order got rejected. I suspect that IB made IMCL as non-marginable during market time. It is very upset to miss a big move for such reason.

2. def

def Sponsor

The issue probably has more to do with your account equity than anything else. I can't tell for sure. If you care to PM me with your account details, I can ask someone in my office to take a look.

3. Babak

Babak

I asked them this same question and all I got was :

"right click on your mouse and choose the appropriate link from the pop up menu...that will tell you"

4. def

def Sponsor

that would be the check margin link. if you think there was a stock that you were denied access to when you thought you had enough equity, PM or e-mail me and I'll ask someone to look into it.

5. eltr

eltr

def,

Following is a snapshot of today's trade summary of my account, what does "(NMS)" mean? Non-Marginable Stock? Thanks

6. JORGE

JORGE

NMS - National market system