IB Margin Increase

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Eldredge, Oct 10, 2002.

1. tracedef

tracedef Guest

Does anyone who is having this problem trade any volume (50K shares or more a day), if so, I know of an LLC that will give you guys 10 times or more buying power intraday, depending on your capital. A lot of guys trade in it that are way underfunded (10K in capital) and they can pretty much do what they want throughout the day, but they are limited however on the overnights, which I guess was sort of the point of this thread.........but most of them don't hold positions anyways...... What's cool about the LLC model is that people who trade in it become Class B members and the people running the LLC pretty much determine verbally what your limits will be. We don't look at your current maintenance etc. , everything is based on your ability to stay within your parameters risk parameters based on your capital contribution. You've gotta be licensed though.

#31     Oct 13, 2002
  2. Eldredge

Eldredge

Right now my margin is at the good old 4 to 1 (before the open) - both initial and maintenance :confused: . Is anyone else back to 4 to 1? I wonder what's going on.

#32     Oct 16, 2002
  3. mskl

mskl

As soon as you add a new position you should see your Overnight Init and Overnight Maint appear.

#33     Oct 16, 2002
  4. Eldredge

Eldredge

Thanks, mskl.

#34     Oct 16, 2002
  5. nusrat

nusrat