IB Lowers Futures Commissions

Discussion in 'Events' started by Steve_IB, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Is there any way IB could "cluster" your servers so that when you cycle one another one is still there? There must be ways to do this so that even when some of them are down others are still up. Through a load balancer or something?

SSB

#61     Oct 27, 2005
  2. TGM

TGM

I second that. I move more of my business to IB all the time. The forex is great.

A question for you Steve. The min. size order for the EUR/USD is 25k but you are charged the same commission as a 50k order. Why not just go with the actual percentage and have the minimum commission where should be --at 1.25?

Just curious as to why you do it like this. I got asked this question by a friend. He just threw some money in an account and is trading small ---just to see if you guys are all that. FWIW, your forex ECN is tip top. Just about everyone I have shown the spreads to ---have opened up an account. You should advertise your Forex more.

In regards to forex position management, I know you guys are working on showing each forex trade like an actual futures contract instead of having them in the cash portion of the portfolio. In the portfolio, showing each trade live with the profit/loss etc. instead of putting them all in cash. That is the only complaint I hear. Keeping track of a handful of positions is not easy in the current format.

#62     Oct 27, 2005
  3. Single Universal account for multiple market is just great, but to just modify the technical issue, having 2 accounts for a single market is real mess.

My suggestion is just buy RefcoLLC, and absorb their 24hours infrastructure and RefcoPro. I also request to develop API top on that.

#63     Oct 28, 2005
  4. The major problem of IB TWS tech guys is they announce a Beta version as a Gold and let the customer use it , and use a customer as a beta tester.

IB TWS programmers can be one of the worst IT professionals in the industry, and I also wonder how the IB executives use their financial resource to the TWS development. After all, in most of the time, it's the only interface to their customers.

Look at eSignal or others. They are really careful to release the new version after a long pending time of the beta period. watching tons of complaints for the problem with the latest version of TWS by members in this board, it cannot to be denied that IB production routine is unhealthy. Obviously, it's critical attitude to supply a financial software with bug-free and stability to customers, but looking at the result, judging from the report by the users, they lack such an attitude. Really unprofessional.

#64     Oct 28, 2005
  5. What's the deal with all the recent missed fills?

I have averaged 2 missed fills a day now for the last month or two. Today I had 3 missed fills.

I can put up with crap just like anyone else but it is costing me hundreds of dollars a day in missed profits.

I only sick with it because of way the margin works.

John

#65     Oct 28, 2005
  6. #66     Nov 2, 2005