IB Lowers Futures Commissions

Discussion in 'Events' started by Steve_IB, Oct 19, 2005.

1. joesan

joesan

But then when you have an edge , any save in commision and slippage will be your additional profit.

#41     Oct 21, 2005
  2. ib is doing a good job. i just hope when the ib ipo comes out they remember those of us that have been there since the beginning and give us a chance at some pre ipo shares.

#42     Oct 21, 2005
  3. Hoi

Hoi

Yep seems so....

When you do no overnight-trading (which will kill you in fees by adding $0.10 per night) it is in all cases MUCH better to take the Unbundled fees:

ES, ER2, NQ = 2.36 (instead of 2.40)
    EUR = 2.82 (instead of 3.00)
    ZN, ZB = 1.72 (instead of 1.73)
    YM = 2.12 (instead of 2.13)
    QM = 2.65 (instead of 2.95)

GBL = 1.21 EUR (instead of 2.00)
    CAC40 = 1.35 EUR (instead of 2.00)
    DAX = 1.51 EUR (instead of 2.00)

Z = 1.03 GBP (instead of 1.70)

HSI = 21 HKD (instead of 30)

Only the SGXNK is worse:
    SGXNK = 411 JPY (instead of 300)

If you still have bundled then you are a thief of your own money

:) :)

#43     Oct 23, 2005
  4. joesan

joesan

yeah, i changed my accounts to unbundled rates this week

#44     Oct 23, 2005
  5. i cant find the table on the IB website where it has the total cost for unbundled roundtrips on different contracts?, they had it on there last week? i cant seem to add it all up right using the tables they give you on the website atm? im trying to figure out if daytrading the SPI is better on unbundled doing less than 300 a month?

#45     Oct 25, 2005
  6. It seems I've missed soething, so if I am a swing trader and hold positions for several days, I pay IB 10c per contract per each night I hold a position,. IS that true? What's the cost for holding stock shares overnigt?

Why a need for a "Carry charge" - this is outrageous!

IB seems to have cheap rates but when you factor in all these other ancillary charges, plus the reliability issues, I don't see the advantage.

#46     Oct 25, 2005
  7. Hoi

Hoi

easy:
    Bundled SPI = 5.00 per side
    Unbundled SPI = 4.89 per side

So yes it is better

#47     Oct 25, 2005
  8. Hoi

Hoi

If you are a swing trader you should take BUNDLED fees instead.

#48     Oct 25, 2005
  9. def

def Sponsor

there is additional risk to holding contracts overnight. If the carrying charge outweighs the cost of unbundled, you should choose the bundled rate. there is no cost for holding shares overnight but margin and leverage are drastically different between futures and stocks.

#49     Oct 25, 2005
  10. def, what additional risk, traders put up margin and we all know IB is notorious for liquidating positions, the second they violate margin requirments.

And does this $0.10 compensate IB for that so-called "overnight risk".
    Nopw is this 0.10c only for unbundled rates or for bothunbundled & bundled rate schemes. What schem do you recommend for a swing trader

I have a BIG ISSUE with multiple layers of fees. I prefer a flat "all-in" rate. WIth IB, it seems to be a teaser rate, then numeorus add-on rates for data, cancellation, carrying chages, etc that you are never fullyaware of.

Thsi negates the whole IB pitch of low fees.

I like the IB conceprt - universal account, direct electronic access, "low fees", etc

BUT....

it seems in pratice the ideal of the IB concept has NEVER been achieved by IB

#50     Oct 25, 2005