IB Lowers Futures Commissions

Discussion in 'Events' started by Steve_IB, Oct 19, 2005.

1. i understand what your saying, but the EURO has intraday margin requirements of $1400 and a daily volatility of about $1300 almost the same as the DAX yet its intraday margin requirements are about a sixth of the DAX?

#31     Oct 20, 2005
  2. ids

ids

DAX intraday initial is 5625EUR, maintenance is 4500EUR. Where $8,500USD are coming from?

#32     Oct 20, 2005
  3. HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE FOR THE CANCELED LIMIT ORDERS (OR STOP ORDERS)?

THE OTHER BROKERS DON'T CHARGE ANYTHING, MY DEAR IB!!!!!!

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOUR "LOW RATES" ARE A REAL DECEPTION

BUUUUHHHH!

Q.

#33     Oct 20, 2005
  4. DTK

DTK

Yes.

Login to 'Account Management', click on 'Funds Management' on the side then 'Futures Pricing Designation', mark 'Unbundled', click 'continue' and you're all ready to start saving $.08/contract RT.

#34     Oct 20, 2005
  5. DTK

DTK

Umm...

This is the last I heard of it:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...ight=ib futures cancellation fee&pagenumber=2

#35     Oct 20, 2005
  6. Need I reiterate, as I have countless times over the years, that you could have zero latency data, instantaneous fills, no slippage, and zero commissions, and you would STILL lose? Hahahahaha!

#36     Oct 20, 2005
  7. TGregg

TGregg

Thanks DTK. For some weird reason, it doesn't take effect until Sunday. :(

#37     Oct 20, 2005
  8. bighog

bighog Guest

Trade less....:D

FX is overrated as a trading instrument of 24 hours. Burnout is for sure if anyone ever traded a 5 min chart like that. The problem of burnout is it sneaks up on you.

I trade one, that is plenty, the days of trading 20 different commodities are history...:D

#38     Oct 20, 2005
  9. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Too true!

Anyway here's the official press release:

GREENWICH, Conn., Oct. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Interactive Brokers LLC (IB), a technology leader in global brokerage services, is lowering commissions to trade futures worldwide in response to a surge in new customers.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-in/prnh/20050926/CGM031LOGO )

IB has been signing up many Refco clients since its competitor came under regulatory scrutiny last week. The lower IB pricing scale seeks to facilitate the transition for Refco's customers and to benefit IB customers as well.

"We want to attract futures traders, Commodity Trading Advisors (CTAs) and hedge funds who may be reconsidering their relationship with their broker, given the recent events involving Refco," said IB Managing Director Steve Sanders. "We are the broker to the professionals' community."

The new IB pricing structure for futures and futures on options ranges from $0.25 to $1.20, based on monthly volume, down from $0.55 to $1.30.

IB has also significantly lowered its execution and clearing fees for futures trading on overseas markets.

"Interactive Brokers is ready to offer Refco's customers who trade futures and foreign exchange around the world the same market access they enjoyed with our competitor," Sanders added. "IB offers greater global market access than any other electronic FCM."

IB launched a major ad campaign this week in financial publications and major newspapers' business sections to detail the advantages of trading futures with the firm, including:

-- Broadband direct-access to trade on over 50 markets worldwide in 14
    countries

-- Ability to trade on all major world's markets in a single currency from
    a single Universal account, which minimizes cross-border trading costs

-- Single-screen trading of multiple asset classes: futures, options,
    equities, bonds and foreign exchange

-- Free trading and risk-management tools built for CTAs, proprietary
    traders and hedge funds

Institutional Investor ranked privately-held Interactive Brokers Group as the 16th largest U.S. brokerage firm with assets of about $2 billion, which stems from retained earnings and a strong balance sheet for nearly three decades. IB also won the top ranking in Barron's annual survey of software- based online brokers.

#39     Oct 20, 2005
  10. joesan

joesan

IB must be able to attract a lot of new customers . Keep up the good work.

#40     Oct 21, 2005