IB Lowers Futures Commissions

Discussion in 'Events' started by Steve_IB, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

2. I would say a smart move.
    Excellent timing to absorb Refco Clients!

One big obstacle that makes me away from IB is that daily server-maintainace time. Trading FX futures that is 23hours, it's problematic. It's not solved, right?

3. inet

inet

And daily server-maintainace time is also my headache for trading asian market futures. Hope IB can solve it.

4. assuming IB does not lower its "bundled" rates

can someone give me an example of how they are saving money unbundled if non member status

5. ozzy

ozzy

I still think its still overpriced. If things go as planned I can see myself trading approximately 20 x 20 = 400 contracts /day on the CME if not more (sometime in the next year).

This is gonna cost me 400 x 4.22 = $1688 /day. This to me is ridiculous. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions on ways to get my commission structure down, aside from buying a seat on the CME which I cannot do anytime in the near future.

Thanks
    ozzz

6. Steve_IB

Daily maintenance is down to about one minute. The reset lasts 20 minutes, however for most exchanges you will only lose data for less than 10 minutes and native orders will work. The downtime primarily affects simulated orders at the moment

SethArb.
    Commission example, if you trade Eurostoxx futures on Eurex. With the bundled commission you pay Eur 2 per side all-inclusive With the unbundled, assuming you do not carry positions overnight, you pay Eur 1.31 going down to Eur 0.56 per side inclusive of all exchange fees.

(NB i've just noticed that the unbundled vs bundled comparison has not yet been updated on the website)

7. Steve_IB

Have you looked at the CME incentive schemes? You may be able to qualify for their Asian-Pacific Incentive Scheme. This knocks about 60% of the exhchange fees

8. ozzy

ozzy

I'll have a look at the details. I'm in Canada so I'm not sure how that would work.

Thanks Steve.

9. laocoon

laocoon

This is EXCELLENT news.....
    Keep on going, IB

10. Excellent to see price reductions IB. I'm currently paying 30 each way for HSI.

If I read this right Steve I would (at less than 300 contracts per month) pay 7.00 + 2.50 + 10.50 + 1.00 = 21.00

Is there any reason why I shouldnt switch to unbundled now?

#10     Oct 19, 2005