IB Lowers contract commissions!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by c_verm, Dec 9, 2003.

1. c_verm

c_verm

the DOW Mini is $2.40 for comissions but january 2nd it goes to $2.06:D

2. That's nice. But I would like to see ES go down to the same price... :(

3. taodr

taodr

It should go down to $2.95 round trip.

4. swissair

swissair

So what?

Is this gonna affect your P&L one way or another.

If they bring ES commissions down to 2.06 (4.12 RT), you win 68 cents or 0.0136 ES point per R/T per contract. What a profit this will be.
    You will win 18 times more if you manage to have a better entry or exit by just one ES tick...

And don't tell me about scalpers: true scalpers already pay much less than 4.06.

I don't care paying 4, 5, or even 6$ per R/T. I prefer a stable platform, good customer service and a competent trade desk in case TWS goes down.

5. I think CME lowers commissions sometime real soon, hopefully IB will reduce commissions following that. Lower commissions on YM is really nice but true, it's the ES and NQ that really count..

6. Who the f*ck needs ES, NQ or CME ?

I´m very happy with YM and CBOT´s new exchange fees.

7. All well and good, but if 70 cents or so a trade is gonna ring your chime, then it must be a very faint sound.

8. pjs

pjs

guess it depends on how many you trade slick.

9. traderob

traderob

______
    Fees make a difference. I trade with Ib and my commission fees add up to over a $1000 a week some weeks.

10. def

def Sponsor

relief is on the way, an announcement will most likely be made during the month of January. I can not provide any further details.

#10     Dec 28, 2003