IB losing the edge in commissions!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 50 cent, Nov 4, 2003.

1. "Disapearing trades" , "Very slow response to cancelling orders" , "execution of orders that were cancelled

How much more "concrete" would you like H2O to be? What about this do you not understand?

Michael B.

#61     Nov 5, 2003

2. Hey that is refreshing.....IB for back up....hey Def....maybe CS is getting better!

Could this be true....ninja traders and button traders pay more per trade for eminis....or is that just equities....really?

Michael B.

#62     Nov 5, 2003

3. Nitroooooo, with your volume I would guess you have cut a deal with IB!!! or at least they should take you out to McDonalds.

:)

Michael B.

#63     Nov 5, 2003

4. I was referring to a round trip of buying 300 shares and selling 100 shares at a time. That's 4 transactions multiple $3 each. It was written clearly in my post.

And once again I must mention the eminis fees, which are 35% higher (3.25 vs 2.4) - that's regardless of how many lots you trade.

IB monthly costs ($10) are waived after only $30 monthly commissions, so that's not really a factor.

The whole thing has nothing to do with me being or not being a trader. These are the numbers and my personality does not affect them.

Being profitable or not has nothing to do with wanting to pay less commissions. Any wise person would prefer to get the same service for less money. If a broker lowers commissions but keeps the service level, every client, loser as winner, benefit the same amount of $ that they now pay less.

By the way not that I have something against MBT or against anyone, it's just that ChrisRT's reply sounded very much as if he is a getting paid to promote it, plus I bet you that he never even tried TWS even once, so where does he have the knowledge to call it inferior. I'd just expect more from a guy in his status and with his history (he runs a well established advisory service).

Cheers

#64     Nov 5, 2003
  5. This is worth $20.00 extra per paycheck....good point...and with ACH coming, putting money in will be easier too.

Michael B.

#65     Nov 5, 2003

6. agreed

Michael B.

#66     Nov 5, 2003

7. Hey Def;

As you wrote in your post IB has some great features including good software, good margin, sipc protection etc etc... no doubt.

But, if you read hayman's post that I quoted here, you'll see why I started this thread.. you guys at IB have to keep your edge in commissions. Give those other brokers some hell and make them bite their tongue! They're teasing you... TS chose to offer $2.5 rate per emini when IB offers $2.4 - that's teasing. I say lower emini rates to $2/contract and show them that IB cannot be messed with!! Have them crawl back to the hole that they came from!!

Thanks for listening

#67     Nov 5, 2003
  8. def

def Sponsor

I'm sure we'll respond at some point.

In the meantime, i hear software like wealthlab's which can interface with IB is amongst the best on the street for back testing.

#68     Nov 5, 2003
  9. dpanic

dpanic

IB doesn't charge extra to use Ninjatrader for futures. Right now the use of Ninjatrader is the only thing that keeps most of my volume going thru IB. Eventually I hope there will be an application that supports the Patsystems api. When that happens I'd most likely direct most of my volume to AF. If you ever used the dome and trade management features of Ninjatrader I find it hard to use the jtrader dome as the primary trading mechanism.

#69     Nov 5, 2003
  10. Ditch

Ditch

Right now there are offers to be had, that are considerably lower than $4, even if you don't do more than 1000 rt/month. I'm not here to bash IB, i never had a problem with them. The only thing i didn't like was TWS. If you like to scale in/out you will need a front-end for it, which remains a half-hearted solution. Other than that i would have no pressing reason to change from IB, imo the tick-size on the e-mini's is a much bigger issue than the commissions.

#70     Nov 5, 2003