IB logged me out at 13.25pm...Mkt Tanked...

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Digs, Dec 5, 2003.

1. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

I'm puzzled. I'm also connected via the Swiss Server but did not experience any problems (I did not have any trades open). Quotes continued as usual, TWS did not restart.

Bernd Kuerbs

#11     Dec 5, 2003
  2. jrs3

jrs3

You can speculate all you want on these outages, the bottom line is all internet trading firms have down time. Have a stop in place after you put on a trade, that will solve your problems. All professional traders should have a plan for these type of events.

#12     Dec 5, 2003
  3. dpanic

dpanic

bahhh!!! I'm failing as a trader and it's all because of IB :)))

try running another platform next to TWS, I run TWS and Jtrader simultaneously and notice that both platforms take occasional glitches, many times independent of each other but I cannot honestly say that tws is any worse than my jtrader platform, each platform has had it's highs and lows.

#13     Dec 5, 2003
  4. Does Jtrader go kerplunk like TWS at high volume times also?

#14     Dec 5, 2003
  5. Isn't your post 4 minutes before you say the market tanked?

#15     Dec 5, 2003
  6. Digs

Digs

Time was approx, I was pissed when writing it, so dont be too clever, or you were just checking...right

#16     Dec 5, 2003
  7. Digs, I just happened to notice the time when you wrote your
    post. Hope you weren't long when the market tanked. I am not
    too happy with IB right now either. Trying to trade when IB keeps
    freaking out is a pain.

Waiting for answers about XOOMTRADE just like you...

#17     Dec 5, 2003
  8. Wow, what happened? So are you saying that things like that also happen to you? Judging by your condencending attitude towards others when they were experiencing similar problems one would think that you had a direct link to God.

#18     Dec 5, 2003
  9. Over half the traders in my chatroom all dropped off-line then also. I was lucky, all my systems stayed connected...now my QCharts was as good as $hit all day...that is another story. I was in SHORT positions at the time the drop hit, but for some reason I never lost any connections (trade platform, charting, chatroom). Seems like IB traders have had their hands full lately with log off problems also...what the heck is going on?

Chris

BTW....Version77...check out Velocity Futures!

#19     Dec 5, 2003
  10. What happens is that electron and 77 have made a career regarding claims of IB logging them off all the time. I wish they would just shut up and switch brokers. But no instead they continue this farce that they are active customers and IB logs them off all day, everyday, week and after week. What a joke they both are.

I run XP, Althon 2000, Java 1.4.1_03 and TWS 811 and the last time there was any sort of failure was many months ago.

When that new york switch failed over, IB was the only app that smoothly reconnected.

I instructed 77 on how to get his java updated. There was never any follow thru on his part. I really dont think he and electron have any of the problems they get on here and describe everyday. These problems don't happen to me, neither anyone else in chat who I know to be an actual trader.

I hope electron and 77 do go over to velocity futures. Their sub 2K accounts are really going to boost revenues over there.

#20     Dec 5, 2003