"IB LLC" more busy than Timberhill w/ "counterparty" market making?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Option Trader, Mar 10, 2008.

1. BJL

BJL

what stock are you referring to?

btw, amazing how much volume Citadel does.

oh,

It gives credit to both market makers involved in a trade, looks through hidden, reserve and anonymous trades as well as including oddlot trades.

you don't suppose it could be all oddlot trades?

#11     Mar 12, 2008
  2. If one end is a customer (albeit a customer of a broker who is a MM) & the other end is a market maker, it gives credit only once--for the latter alone.

#12     Mar 12, 2008
  3. urep

urep

IB has a trading desk and Timber Hill does market making and just consider them as the same company, because they are. In your terms of agreement when you sign up for an account it say's that they will and often do take the other side of your trades. They all do it Fidelity, Schwab etc. .

Assume they follow your trades as the info they collect on their accounts, position, and value at risk allows their traders to know where and how money can be made.

The best way to see this is to go long a position in one account and when it starts to run against you, go short the same position in a different account. Watch what happens.

IB and TH allows the company to say different things legally i.e. IB has no trading desk in Forex (when in fact TH does trade).

I've asked IB here many times for independent verification/proof that their various trading desks do not utilize customer information and it has yet to be produced.

#13     Mar 14, 2008
  4. If you honestly believe this (instead of just bullshitting like most such posers here) then complain to the relevant authority.

Otherwise you're just another mouthy wanker.

#14     Mar 14, 2008
  5. ssss

ssss

Pure agnet of principal -

no proprietary trading desk ,no proprietary account,no income source from proprietary trading ,no the direct not through affiliate

read 10-k by www.sec.gov

for OXPS,AMTD,SWIM and compare with 10-k of GS,MER ,MS

" China Wall " -that is for propaganda .

Read good counterintelligence book ,as example

"Spycatcher" from P.Writher ,ex executive of MI-5

After that you would have more true point of view about "China wall" in GS,MER,MS

In each case ,as 90-95% of retail would loose through years

1.Not to trade
    2. Play paper game contest with price money without entry
    charge .
    3. If win ,than prize money can be riskied with most reputable public noted broker ,pure agents
    as OXPS,AMTD,SWIM .If you can not win ,no to start trading
    Most of winner of different paper money contest have real money accounts. I.e. -they are better with high chance
    in real money game as not winner .
    4. In each case divide capital better 3 account with 2000$ each
    as one with 6000$

5 .If win ,than make stop for month ,,clear head -
    good eating with friends with bottle of Delamain

Only after that to new step ... ,which must be planned

Great fortune is in most of the case's rare -one -two time
    in life .But for most it would not the case .

Your respectfully

#15     Mar 14, 2008
  6. cvds16

cvds16

It's impossible to prove you DON'T do something, you can only prove you DO something ... and then someone can prove this is not true, it's called falsification !!!

#16     Mar 14, 2008
  7. Sickening. A relevant question, politely posed, with supporting evidence, and what do we get from the IB attack dogs?

Potty-mouthed schoolyard taunts.

If you don't have anything relevant to contribute, please stay out of the discussion. Your credibility just went from pretty low to zero.

#17     Mar 14, 2008
  8. LOL nik,

Pathetic as usual.

I didn't say he was a mouthy wanker (I might say it about you but I'm way too polite), I suggested that he might be if he made the accusation and didn't do anything to follow it up.

#18     Mar 14, 2008
  9. Almost ZZZ-like in your intellectual dishonesty. 'I didn't say he was, I suggested he might be'.

That about says it all, right there. You're one of those people.

Unreal. Even OldTrader wouldn't go that far.

#19     Mar 14, 2008
  10. urep

urep

A bank audit can prove that it has not lost all your money in the last year quite easily. If 10 years later it loses all your money then was their proof false for that day? Of course not. The same way someone can be proved to not be at a murder scene.

In the same way if IB undergoes independent audits that ensure IB trading desk does not trade based on of their customers info in the last year then that is verification and proof that someone skilled at auditing, examined the audit trails of IB's trading vs. customer trades and shows a lack of corellation.

#20     Mar 14, 2008