IB Live Quotes & Ninja Trader v TWS

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Ridu, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Ridu

Ridu

I recently switched brokers to IB for trading commodity & financial futures. I noticed IB have their own live quote feed and I'm considering signing up for this in place of my current Future Source Workstation feed with Esignal. Can anyone comment on the reliability, error rates, data up time with the IB feed? Is IB data a good and a worthy replacement to Esignal?

Also can anyone please comment on the advantages of using Ninja Trader over the TWS platform that IB provide? I'm looking for fairly detailed performance reporting which is why I'm interested in Ninja Trader, but can anyone comment on reliability, ease of use and functionality over or under that provided by IB's TWS?

Thanks in advance
    Ridu

2. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

AMP Trading is the premier Ninja Trader brokerage firm. We are pleased to offer the Ninja Trader platform powered by Zen-Fire, Trading Technologies and Ninja FX. Our support team is fully Ninja trained and eager to support you reach your trading goals. Call us today toll free 800-560-1640 / Int’l 001* 312-893-6400 and ask for “Mirek” for your “EliteTrader Special Rate” or register at http://www.ampfutures.com/EliteTrader.html

3. IB's real time data is NOT tick data. Some people need to see every tick for tape reading, etc. In that case you need a real data provider like Esignal.

For "normal" intraday charting, IB's data is fine.