IB Liquidated March Treasuries

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by rhymeswithorang, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Are we straight yet BlueHorseShit?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

#11     Feb 27, 2006
  2. Ebo

Ebo

I love a good pissing contest.
    Go GIRLS!

#12     Feb 27, 2006
  3. I was going to put you on ignore ...

You were lucky to fund your account in the first place.

#13     Feb 27, 2006
  4. Giddy up:)

#14     Feb 27, 2006
  5. right, lucky to find the account. sure, ok, thanks. :)

#15     Feb 27, 2006
  6. You were wrong--simply admit it.

Everyone here knows no one is perfect. :)

#16     Feb 27, 2006
  7. alanm

alanm

FND is 02/28. Liquidation deadline for longs should have been 12:00 CT (13:00 ET) 02/27, right?

#17     Feb 27, 2006
  8. yes

#18     Feb 27, 2006
  9. It appears that IB has publicly acknowledged their mistake, is stepping up to take responsibility for that mistake, and is making an effort to fix the accounts of those affected. Are we missing a piece of information here which demonstrates that they're trying to screw you? I'm sure everyone here would be interested to know if that is the case.

No organization can be expected to function without mistakes (as long as mistakes are the exception and not the rule, of course). What matters is how mistakes are rectified, and IB seems to be making the appropriate effort. Is this incorrect?

#19     Feb 27, 2006
  10. I don't know if IB is actually going to make good on its mistake. Here is a message I received from customer service today.

"Dear Trader,

The original liquidations were done in error, i.e., 12 hours ahead of time,
    and therefore these liquidations were cancelled and the positions were
    put back in to the accounts that were affected by these bad liquidations.
    IB apologizes for any inconvenience that this may have caused you
    in this case.

Regards,

John W
    IB Customer Service"

To me this response is far from adequate. IB put the Marchs back into my account AFTER I had purchased Junes to replace to Marchs IB had erroneously sold, so I ended up having twice the number of contracts I wanted (that is, until I sold the Marchs and took a very real short term loss).

IB should make up the loss. I should not have to be liable for any loss from the Marchs that IB reinstated without my permission.

#20     Feb 28, 2006