IB: limit orders for commodity spreads?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by TWolf, Apr 19, 2012.

1. kostia00

kostia00 Interactive Brokers

this is in works but it will take some time to add, expect this in a couple of months.

our source at CME group says RB.HO is not natively available on GLOBEX. it may be only on CME Clearport, which we don't support.

#11     May 3, 2012
  2. FYI, I just tried pulling some of these symbols up and they don't appear to work (e.g. NOL, TYT, TUT, etc). Did you mean that they will be available next week?

#12     May 4, 2012
  3. Enter one of the symbols for the legs (ZB, ZN, whatever) and you'll see them on the drop-down menu

#13     May 4, 2012
  4. Thanks Kostia - the fixed income and 1:1 energy cracks are working great! Look forward to brent/wti when you get it done.

Regarding RB/HO it definitely trades natively on GLOBEX (front month has done about 2100 in volume today), I've executed it many times through two other FCM's and Clearport is not involved.

I'm not sure how your back end is setup, but you should be able to construct a GLOBEX recognized spread out of any two instruments with equivalent tick size. This particular one is designated Inter-Commodity (type code IS), not a crack spread like CL.RB or CL.HO. They're on page 12 below.

http://www.cmegroup.com/globex/files/ElectronicTradingConcepts.pdf

#14     May 4, 2012
  5. kostia00

Entering TUT should work: please double-check you are using TWS 925 or newer, and if it is still an issue:
    - please press ctrl-alt-h and follow instruction to upload the diagnostics to IB server;
    - please pm me your username and we'll check the diagnostics.

#15     May 4, 2012
  6. kostia00

The current implementation only supports 3.2.12-style crack spreads, and not more flexible 3.2.6-style inter-commodity spreads. We'll review this and see if we can add support for 3.2.6-style.

#16     May 4, 2012
  7. I'm using build 925.6b. PM is on its way.

#17     May 4, 2012
  8. Dear IB Rep,

It is great to have you in the forum.

Is it possible for IB to support REL orders for commodity spread orders? It is OK to me for the order to sit on IB's server and let IB monitors the exchange native spread.

njrookie

#18     May 4, 2012
  9. Kostia -

There is a bug in 925/926 when you have multiple orders on RB.CL and leave TWS, when you restart TWS most of the open orders are missing on the pending page (usually only one is shown).

Occasionally (randomly) they will reappear as the inverse spread, i.e. when the spread line was created it was +RB -CL, and the pending page will instead show +CL -RB in the symbol area but will not have any quote data or let you modify orders, it says "can't do price checks due to missing data."

If I go back to TWS 918 I can see everything in pending to cancel orders, but obviously can't modify anything or create new ones.

#19     May 9, 2012
  10. Bump, anyone at IB able to replicate this?

This happens on two different machines with both standalone and browser 925/926. If you have multiple live orders, and exit/restart TWS the pending page will only show one of them.

#20     May 11, 2012