IB Limit If Touched Orders

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Sabia, Nov 10, 2007.

1. kostia00

kostia00 Interactive Brokers

This is not the case, trading thru the trigger price would also trigger the order. If you have any examples to the contrary, please open an issue with our tech support. Thanks!

#11     Nov 15, 2007
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

No, you are wrong!!!! I have hundreds of cases of this and I know of no time when the order triggered without a trade occurring at the trigger price. If I want to be sure my order will trigger, I have to take the time to setup a "conditional order" with the < or = and the > or =. If you have any doubts, enter some LIT orders to buy a thinly traded stock (below the current market price) with a large spread where the price must drop down to trigger. I have sent e-mails to IB about this issue many months and years in the past and as usual for IB, I never received a reply. It is like trying to communicate and deal with the USA Federal Government. I get better IB response and results by posting here on ET. For the eight years I have had an account with IB, I have found e-mails to IB, "Trouble Tickets", and "Suggestion & Complaints" are next to hopeless. Thank you for being here of ET and responding as you give me some hope.

Catoosa

#12     Nov 15, 2007
  3. Catoosa

Catoosa

Thank you for your post on the trigger of LIT orders. I was wrong in my above comments or maybe my in the past complaints to IB about this problem resulted in changes in the LIT orders. I just spent 2 hours entering many LIT orders in CHTT (Chattem, Inc.) and this is what I found: Twice the price traded through my trigger price without trading; However, on almost all the LIT orders in this test, the orders triggered when the trade price traded through the trigger price without trading at the actual trigger price. This helps me rebuild my confidence for the future use of LIT orders.

#13     Nov 15, 2007