IB Level 2 Fee

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Spark, Apr 22, 2002.

1. I complained with CME about that they cash in exchange fee twice. I will try once again with CME and if result not positive will file a complaint with CFTC. My view is that exchange must keep track of payments that they receive and should not charge twice just to fill their pockets faster. Will do the same with CBOT. You pay 30 $ to IB and same amount to your data vendor. They simply cash in twice !

#11     Apr 23, 2002
  2. ktm

ktm

$30...for exchange fees?

Try $200...twice...and that's not including Level II. I guess they think all of us pro squillionaires can afford it.

#12     Apr 23, 2002
  3. Good idea Fx Trader
    Exchange are becoming for profit entities , primary source of revenues: quotes.

#13     Apr 23, 2002
  4. Esignal was charging me 60 bucks a month for Level II. When they advertised free Level II on CNBC, I called them and complained. They told me that they were charging me 50 bucks extra for no other reason other than I wasn't subscribing to their software on an annual basis. Annual subscribers pay $10/month. When they refused to do anythig about it, I cancelled and went to RealTick. Maybe they will wake up when they read this.

Mike

#14     Apr 23, 2002
  5. No always has been and always will be execution fees. Why they charge at all for data is beyond me as it all adds up to more trading of their vehicles which means more revenue. One great driver of the EMini revolution was free data fees.

#15     Apr 24, 2002
  6. Now IB customer service tells me litterally that they can charge whatever they want !
    Can´t believe it. Then why not charge 50$ for simple E-Mini quotes instead of 10$ ???

I asked them why I have to pay 30$ exchange fee (CBOT/AVCE), if the exchange
    does not charge any exchange fee (CBOT Quotes are free for their Mini-Contracts like YM).

#16     May 1, 2002
  7. def

def Sponsor

great answer, l'd love to know who gave you that one.

I imagine the reason is simply programming related. I.e. turning source by product rather than by exchange. The deal will be for a limited time only and as far as I hear the product is not all that active and thus there must have been a business decision to allocate programming resources elsewhere.

#17     May 1, 2002
  8. I do not think that it is a great problem, only need to add a third button:

ACE Mini-Contracts (free until further notice)
    ACE All Contracts (30$)
    ACE Market Depth (60$)

Free CBOT Mini-Dow quotes is a promotion to make CBOT Mini-Dow Contracts popular.
    Free CME E-Mini quotes was a promotion to make CME E-Mini Contracts popular.

So, why not ???

#18     May 1, 2002
  9. def

def Sponsor

The best I can do is bring the topic up. Adding a button ofcourse is simply, changing the programming to single out a product may be another story. I really do not know and need to make the request. Try a post on the IB web site discussion board.

#19     May 2, 2002
  10. Def, thank you. It´s ok now for me, someone finally understood what I wanted to say.
    I got an answer in IB´s Message Board yesterday.

#20     May 2, 2002