IB Launches Japanese, Dutch and Belgium Futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Steve_IB, Aug 19, 2003.

1. just21

just21

How about a reduced commission for people trading the bund/bobl spread?

#11     Aug 19, 2003
  2. What is the code for Nikkei on IB?

#12     Aug 19, 2003
  3. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

N225 is the code for Nikkei
    TOPX is the code for the Topix

#13     Aug 19, 2003
  4. Yes, maybe. I think it is more than the current IB Eurex
    pricing schedule makes no real sense, to me at least.
    They charge the same for the BOBL as for the FDAX,
    while FDAX exchange fee is 3x higher than for BOBLs.

#14     Aug 19, 2003
  5. just21

just21

Write to ibmgmt@interactivebrokers.com . I asked for the gilt to be added and received a reply from the CIO or CTO and it was added within 24 hours.

#15     Aug 19, 2003
  6. Anyone trade jpn fts? any chart resources avail? what do you watch? when do you typically trade? is there alot of liquidity?

Any info or links appreciated.

#16     Aug 19, 2003
  7. so far, CQG is the only charting provider for this.
    SPcomstock and Bridge have datafeeds, but you know
    what these cost.

#17     Aug 19, 2003
  8. def

def Sponsor

I don't know of any services besides reuters and bloomberg but I'm sure they're out there. Liquidity is very good but the N225 is a big contract as each tick is 10 points (10,000 yen). With such a wide tick the market can sit for a long time with large size on the bid/offer. TOPX tics in 5 point increments and thus might be more tradeable. If you are looking to actively trade Japan, N225 options are a good alternative since most options tick in 5 point increments.

BTW, we should also add that other products that are in the soft launch phase now are UK and German stock options and I think canadian stocks.

#18     Aug 19, 2003
  9. There is some pretty good information available via the English pages of the Tokyo Stock Exchange website for the TOPIX futures (several downloadable pdf files for someone to browse).

I actually live within a mile of the exchange (live and work in Tokyo) so I have been waiting on the availability from IB. The only problems are charting and the short trading hours (for me during the day while I'm at work.) I'm sure you could use QuoteTracker with IB as the feed as one possibility. I believe that there are some local providers (haven't check in a while) but of course the software is in Japanese and although I speak/read at an advanced/intermediate level, my response time to any issues would be too slow in reading messages.

It would be nice to see eSignal provide data/charting with QuoteTracker as a good backup.

#19     Aug 19, 2003
  10. thanks def and all.

Jpn fts look interesting..especially in light of this snooze fest intraday in the us mkts lately.

#20     Aug 19, 2003