IB Launches Japanese, Dutch and Belgium Futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Steve_IB, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

2. japanese bonds ?

3. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Initially it is Nikkei 225 Futures and Options, and Topix Futures. We may offer the JGB futures at a later date, subject to demand.

4. Would you consider adding the bonds in Australia and Canada, indices futures in Taiwan and South Korea? How do you know the demand before you add them?

5. just21

just21

What about short term interest rates? There are a lot of electronic contracts on LIFFE like short sterling, cocoa, coffee, sugar that you could add. thanks

6. just21

just21

Check out the tick size on JGB's, anyone trading size there is brave!

7. def

def Sponsor

One thing at a time....

bonds australia: we offer them for give-up but not cleared business at this time. the main issue for the bonds in oz is that to they have a variable tick size and that requires additional programming for us to clear them properly. at some point I suspect we'll get around to it.

Canada: first will come stocks and options. I know nothing of canadian markets and i guess it would be a matter of where and how they trade (do we have access), are we allowed to offer them, etc.

Korea: the futures and options are not CFTC approved thus US clients will be locked out. However, we do plan to offer them to non-US clients.

Taiwan: Perhaps if they go fully electronic on the SGX. We don't have any plans at the moment to offer the one's trading in Taiwan. That of course could change.

Other: if they trade electronically and we have access to the market, we will take a look at the product

8. Just21

IB already offers already offers Short-Sterling and Euribor Futures.

9. just21

just21

Short sterling must be new, it wasn't there a few weeks ago.

10. I think IB should lower it's commission for BUND and BOBL futures.
    Currently EUR 2.00.
    The exch fee for these is very low.
    FFast charges EUR 0.70.

Maybe have a scaled commission, something like EUR 1.00 for
    orders > 10 contracts.

#10     Aug 19, 2003