IB Launches Canadian Stocks!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Steve_IB, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Shouldn't this fall under paid advertisement?

#21     Oct 11, 2003
  2. umm...... I guess that what they sponsor for.

#22     Oct 11, 2003
  3. DEF-

These are the 2 things that I want most from IB.

BB stocks and Pink Sheets. Before you guys go overseas looking for stuff to trade, why can't you guys get these for us.

Lower fees on size. I know that Island costs you nothing, and you make money when we add liquidity. There should be a lower cost or no cost for island orders after the first thousand shares.

Just thoughts.

#23     Oct 11, 2003
  4. bro59

bro59

IB's roots seem to be international in nature. I'm not surprised to see them opening up foreign markets before they dig into the dregs of the US pinks.

Completely agree about size and pricing. There is a big risk here of overcomplicating the pricing model however. ECN rebates and the like could really chip away at the simplicity of it all. Besides it seems what they are doing now is working for the firm, if not for every style of trader.

Comments aside I too would like to see an elegant solution. There are folks who would really benefit from a 3rd tier of pricing. I think IB would benefit too, as their costs in such an arena would be quite low. Should they price a size tier aggressively enough then some serious size traders might show up and make things pretty juicy for IB.

Most likely the reason for no BB's and pinks is simply the manpower that would have to go into that. I don't really know the facts, but I assume that those markets aren't quite so "fire and forget" as IB's management is used to. They really want to have a low manpower requirement in everything they do, as is clearly evidenced by the small number crew able to pilot that ship.

#24     Oct 12, 2003
  5. TJ.

TJ.

Excellent input Def.

I have been with you for a while (3yr) but only posting to this site a very short while.

The question about BB/Pink's is valid. A need does exist and someone will fill it, maybe your group, but someone will.

#25     Oct 16, 2003
  6. otcbb/pinks are pretty slimy in nature. Probably IB wants nothing to do with them.

imho - please don't flame :cool:

#26     Oct 16, 2003
  7. whowah

whowah

I would like to see IB offer BB stocks also, I bought a couple of NASDAQ stocks that transferred to the bulletin Board. I think I can still sell them but would have to call them and have them put in the order manually.

I am glad to see IB offer Canadian stocks. I don't know if they offer stocks on CNDX though. It looks like only TSE stocks from what I see on their website.

#27     Oct 17, 2003
  8. They don't have CNDX stock and no plan about that for the moment. BTW, many rumors that CDNX will be fully integrated in the TSE in the futur.

#28     Oct 17, 2003
  9. TJ.

TJ.

Note:

Cdntrader;

I have for several years bought bb/pink stocks of Canadian exploitation companies in gold and Plat. and 2 oils.

A bit different than your type of US Penny experience.
    My problem is not the small mining company, but a Pump & Dump Ass putting out, let us say less than honest recommendations. So I side step them and do my own DD. And lot of homework is required to work in this area. Doing a Jr. now that has gone from .28c to .70c and I hold 25K shares

1-loss
    1-Breakeven less commissions
    6-Hits
    2-Moving sideways.

PS I sold My Microsoft holds (core holding) while it still was eighty in 2001. Money went in to AEM at 6.45 (My Mining Core) sold 2002 at 18.75.

#29     Oct 17, 2003