IB Launches Canadian Stocks!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Steve_IB, Aug 21, 2003.

1. taodr

taodr

Certainly not government controlled and grown weed. I hate any kind of taxes but seriously you have to open your eyes.

#11     Aug 21, 2003
  2. Daryn

Daryn

RRSP don't avoid tax they just defer it. Plus the limitations placed on what you can hold in an RRSP make them very restrictive.

#12     Aug 21, 2003
  3. I hope also that RRSP account will be available, but I agree with some comments about the fact this kind of investment is very too much restritive in the moment. CCRA should relax some rules after discussion with many major funds and market, as the limitation about stranger holding, or to accept the PUT in the RRSP account.

In the past, a lot of lobbying to the next Prime Minister Paul Martin have been made for to modify theses rules, because tax advisors have report to him that now RRSP are not a real investment for our old days in many case with capital gain rules and that the risk is that many Canadian will be at the charge of the government . This could put a lot of pressure on the finance and tax if the gov. is not able to do the RRSP more attractive in the future.

Don't be surprise if in near future we see some new rules relax for the RRSP.

#13     Aug 22, 2003
  4. billa

billa

TSX imposes 1/50% fee against all transactions (maximum $50 per transaction), on all buys and sells. Even after currency cost, this is about 7x the sec fee. So you want to know if the 2 cents includes the TSX fee

#14     Aug 22, 2003

5. Your new offerings above are DOA until you get some help with internet marketing and website design. If you don't think so, ask your wife or kid what they think of your new site. I kind of get a chuckle at a big, big brokerage firm in the heart of the trading world left holding a bag. Looks like one of those free sites you can get from Yahoo.

Geo.:p

#15     Aug 22, 2003
  6. def

def Sponsor

you're certainly entitled to your opinion but since we're looking for slightly more sophisticated traders than my wife or children, I think those looking for an excellent trading platform with a financially secure and reputable firm are able to look past the design of a web site, easily find the information they are looking for and make an informed decision.

we've managed to maintain excellent growth, profitability and constantly supply new products and features that our clients demand with our current site design. Word of mouth sells our product home and abroad - numbers don't lie - we must be doing something right.

#16     Aug 22, 2003
  7. Daryn

Daryn

I didn't see to much wrong with the website. Can't please everyone I guess.

#17     Aug 23, 2003

8. It is an excellent trading platform. I have been very happy with TWS the past 18 months. It's the website that sucks. Yours hides what you're selling.

TWS is for traders - websites are for consumers. Big difference.
    With that maze of a site, word of mouth is for sure all you're going to have going for you.

Geo.
    :)

#18     Aug 23, 2003
  9. alanm

alanm

I think IB has a great website, both in appearance and, more importantly, content.

Trying to find important things, like commissions, fees, margin rates, product information, etc. on many other broker's web sites is considerably more difficult, and less complete when you do find it. Some of them are so cluttered with meaningless advertising and index quotes, charts, and news that are widely available elsewhere, that it's hard to find anything at all!

#19     Aug 24, 2003

10. down to 1 cent a share over 500 shares. Now we're getting somewhere.:cool:

#20     Oct 11, 2003