IB k200 intraday chart could not refresh

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by joesan, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Urgh... How to upload more than 1 attachment in the same post? No?

#11     Aug 23, 2006
  2. Last attachment

#12     Aug 23, 2006
  3. Mine is fine

Here is the 61 min

• k200.jpg
      File size:
      128.5 KB
      Views:
    #13     Aug 23, 2006
  4. Here is the 15 min

#14     Aug 23, 2006
  5. Hey Henry: what do u trade anyway? Why are u asking all these questions about commodities?

#15     Aug 23, 2006
  6. Nasdaq5048,
    1) Your chart looks very nice. What charting software are you using?

2) Do these data coming from IB? I still couldn't access to KOSPI futures data. if so, it might suggest it is not really data problems.

Well, it is because I would like to try out new markets, to diversify risks and find more trading opportunities.

There are too many markets for me to choose. One poster suggest me testing various strategies in all the markets, in order to find the best markets which suit me the best.

However I'm new to backtesting, analysis and programming. I have no ideas how to do all these things.

I'm just a discretionary trader. I watch at the chart and the quotes and trade. I'm not a high-tech person who knows how to use trading software and automated system to facilitate trading.

How about you?

#16     Aug 23, 2006
  7. Dont use TWS for anything except order execution. The chart stinks and i dont think IB expect u to use their charts. That's why there is a specific page on their site recommanding 3rd party software.

The data is from IB.
    The chart is from tradestation www.tradestation.com. U need something like a owndata to hook up IB with tradestation. The charting is great, but just dont use them for brokerage.

I trade all the commodities and finacial futures. From grains, to currencies, to bonds to energies.

#17     Aug 23, 2006
  8. joesan

joesan

Is this tradestatin chart of k200 collected with backfill from IB or you have to keep tradestation open during the whole session of k200 ?

Still can not get chart for k200 on IB TWS chart, everthing from this Monday is missing.

#18     Aug 23, 2006
  9. joesan,

I can confirm that K200 historical data is still broken.

#19     Aug 23, 2006
  10. mokwit

mokwit

Metastock Quotecenter carries Asian futures data. Can be fed into TS2000i with backfill using hyperserver 3.0. Should feed all eSignal compatible programs. Also has DDE link e.g. for Sierra. USD135/month + exchange fees.

#20     Aug 23, 2006