Ib: Java Api

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by makcim, Nov 29, 2005.

1. makcim

makcim

Is anyone using the JAVA API? When you do you have to poll a ticker to get prices or does a price change generate an event?

Has anyone monitored several prices at ones (I guess through threads)?

How easy/usefull did you find the JAVA API?

I am considering coding in my trading strategy. Unfortunately, I have not touched JAVA for several years. If anyone has any pointers about IB JAVA API, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

2. How much you willing to pay for consulting fee?

3. Bowgett

Bowgett

You don't need to code it in java. IB provides samples in C++ for example but you can use any language with sockets support. You don't need to have multiple threads for each symbol too.

I found it relatively easy to implement but I am a bad example :cool:

4. nitro

nitro

Who cares if it is in Java or Mongolian? If you know how to program, picking up the syntax and idioms of a new programming language takes a week.

nitro

5. It generates an event. tickPrice() event, and tickSize() event (if my memory serves me correctly). To utilize this functionality, in your MAIN program, override these two methods and do some System.out.println()'s to get a feel for what comes out. To start these two events, you must call ReqMktData() for each ticker (or something like that.. look at the docs).

cheers,

k.