IB issues not on status page?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Lee-, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Lee-

Lee-

I was wondering if anyone else is having an issue accessing account management at IB. It took quite a while before giving me this screen saying account management is unavailable. I did try again, but still no luck. I then decided to check their system status, which indicates everything is peachy. Anyway I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue or if it's isolated. Thanks.

upload_2018-4-19_13-56-52.png

upload_2018-4-19_13-57-7.png

EDIT: Notice the date+timestamp on the system status page. It's last updated yesterday morning, but I took the screenshot while creating this post.

CSEtrader likes this.
  2. 312

Unfortunately, this is common. Probably too many requests due to tax season. I wouldn't worry about it.

3. JackRab

JackRab

That system status on their website is pretty useless...

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  4. ktm

ktm

Does anyone else experience the following issues with IB...

1) The option strike you own has NO QUOTE, but all others do. I can literally go down my screen on Option Trader and the only 6 blanked out are the ones I own. It's like that for every expiry. It's only during after hours.

2) A combo that was active Thursday & Friday is dead on Sunday...and all night Sunday into Monday. By dead, I get "user defined combo not found" as a system message five minutes before the 1800 open and it turns orange and then red. I try to enter some new combos tonight...basic simple stuff. Some go green immediately others are orange and "not found"...so I'm left either working the legs manually or hoping my prices stay around til tomorrow.

And chat is down until 0800 tomorrow.

This is the same crap I've been seeing for years. On the orange issue, they fix the spread in question during the week but it often comes back later...not every week but at least a few times per month. On the quotes issue, they say they "see it, but can't replicate it."

All of this makes me think that maybe I'm one of the only people trading this stuff with IB. And if the rest of you have left, where did you go?

5. Lee-

Lee-

I've seen #1 (no quote on the specific contracts you own) a few times randomly. I don't know a way to reproduce it reliably.