IB: is wiring out a problem?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by DonKee, Aug 18, 2007.

1. DonKee

DonKee

I just tried to wire out some funds today (Saturday) and after entering my token number, was just re-routed back to the main wiring page again.

Is there something that I am missing here or is the wiring of funds function unavailable on the weekend (which would be weird since I did receive the token)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. mde2004

mde2004

You have to wait until Monday I think in order to wire money out.

3. DonKee

DonKee

okay, seems like they would tell you that before you fill out all of the info and they send a token to you.

4. Just as a FWIW, I use the IB ACH (bank transfer) almost every month.

Once you get the accounts setup, bank acnt must be in the same name and also a checking account (I could not get it to work on a savings account), it seems to work great. At least it has for me for several years now.

Good trading to all.

5. IB its working fine for withdraw, i wired money out yesterday withouot any problem.

IB usually its down on some fuction on saturdays for maintenance, you can't make some stuff like internal transfers, wire outs or just open the TWS.

This has been always like that, im there since 2002.

6. rayl

rayl

Generally much of IB is non functional Saturday through some time Sunday morning (they say noon though I find it is usually back by 11 for my account so I can get stuff done before lunch).